Whose Benefit?

No idea, but just did use the phrase "I deal with 10% of the population 90% of the time " so I would imagine there may well be some truth to it.
I live opposite one such person. I posted about her elsewhere. Since the start of her meltdown (this is pretty fluid in her case), it seems every head and hoodie has gravitated to her house and gardaí are out regularly. Three times today. Three or four more over the course of this week.

She's one of them Cunțs that gets everyone around her locked up. If they'd lock her up instead, they'd solve all their problems at a stroke.

That's why the useless work shy shits want Corbyn in No10, they will be able to claim overtime for watching two episodes of Jeremy Kyle and get family planning from the SWP(Rape dept VB)

Nah - that's what you get when Italian, Spanish & other EU supertrawlers find there's nobody to stop them nicking all the fish (actually true; the first 'pirates' were pissed off Somali fishermen who hijacked a couple of said trawlers, which stopped the fish thieving very quickley).
This is the NAAFI mate, reported for using facts!

Just a question (out of curiosity): what's your stake in all that? If every single person on of the allegedly "useless" folks on benefits were somehow "magicked" away, what would be your personal benefit? That's a serious question.

MsG
Not actually a personal benefit. But if we could "magic away" the low-lifes there would be more room and resources for everyone else. Less financial burden could mean lower taxes for example. Generally, those remaining would have a slightly better quality of life.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Not actually a personal benefit. But if we could "magic away" the low-lifes there would be more room and resources for everyone else. Less financial burden could mean lower taxes for example. Generally, those remaining would have a slightly better quality of life.
Dream on, Troy! If it really happened, there'd be no drop in taxes and no "better quality of life" overall. It would just mean that the rich can hoover up a bit more for their coffers.

MsG

I expect that I'm very much in the minority when I state that that this case doesn't sit easy with me.

The woman, who appears to be in a constant state of being absolutely blotto, gets a longish spell in remand followed by a prison sentence out of all proportion compared with anyone who deliberately pisses on a war memorial to score a political point, or someone who destroys forever a war memorial by stealing the metal?

The photographer who posted the image on social media, had to sit behind a screen to give evidence to the court ?
[ Bold enough to take the photo, yet fearful of retribution from a female soak? ]

Somewhat precious sounding ex-servicemen giving victim statements ?

Example:
A statement of impact regarding Kelly Martin’s actions was presented to the bench by three members of UK Veterans One Voice and Veterans Radio Net.
“More than one of our membership has been made to feel so I’ll by the repugnant actions of Miss Martin that we have been concerned for their very lives.....

Really?

It was inevitable that when you allow a bunch of derelicts to gather around a memorial day after day, then inevitably one or more of them will piss wherever they feel like it. Grays has laws regarding public drinking in the town centre- pity they can't enforce them before it comes to this.

Just a question (out of curiosity): what's your stake in all that? If every single person on of the allegedly "useless" folks on benefits were somehow "magicked" away, what would be your personal benefit? That's a serious question.

MsG
As the Yanks say; 'do the Math'

After pensions the welfare costs are higher than anything else in the government expenditure, and that's not even taking into account the consequent reductions in NHS, policing costs, etc

You're straying into deep water here, just as after 'sensational' murders public support for capital punishment goes sky high, if Joe public worked out how much they'd gain monetarily by 'offing' the ubermensch, there'd be a populist groundswell of support. Good job we don't hold referenda every day of the week.

Like it or not (and I don't particularly), the western world is becoming a far less liberal place. Three months ago I'd have given Trump Bob hope of a chance of becoming POTUS, now because he has very astutely identified what a significant amount of the population want to hear (as opposed to what they actually want to happen), I'd give him a 50% chance of making it

I expect that I'm very much in the minority when I state that that this case doesn't sit easy with me.

The woman, who appears to be in a constant state of being absolutely blotto, gets a longish spell in remand followed by a prison sentence out of all proportion compared with anyone who deliberately pisses on a war memorial to score a political point, or someone who destroys forever a war memorial by stealing the metal?

The photographer who posted the image on social media, had to sit behind a screen to give evidence to the court ?
[ Bold enough to take the photo, yet fearful of retribution from a female soak? ]

Somewhat precious sounding ex-servicemen giving victim statements ?

Example:
A statement of impact regarding Kelly Martin’s actions was presented to the bench by three members of UK Veterans One Voice and Veterans Radio Net.

Really?

It was inevitable that when you allow a bunch of derelicts to gather around a memorial day after day, then inevitably one or more of them will piss wherever they feel like it. Grays has laws regarding public drinking in the town centre- pity they can't enforce them before it comes to this.

Balls.

Second offence at the same place, along with other offences.
What she got is a good starting point.

Dream on, Troy! If it really happened, there'd be no drop in taxes and no "better quality of life" overall. It would just mean that the rich can hoover up a bit more for their coffers.

MsG
I don't usually give you SABCs , preferring a 'funny' instead as its akin to holding a conversation with a precocious 7 year old and smiling and nodding at the the things you say.

However I'd be fascinated to know how lower gov't expenditure is "hoovered up" by the rich unless it's distributed in the form of tax cuts for only the rich?

MsG
I disagree with you, except for the bit about the rich getting richer. However, as the government isn't going to start "magicing away" the low-lifes anytime soon. I'm not in a position to show you any examples of this with a smug smile and saying; "told you so...".