Whos the mutts nuts when it comes to "TV Survivalists"

"TV survivalist", who's the Daddy?

  • Les Hiddens

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ray Mears

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Bear" Grylls

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
I'd go for good old Les "Bushtucker Man" Hiddens...no contest...
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#3
Nah, mate. Got to be William Roache. He has been on Coronation street since it started in 1752. He has survived longer than most.
 
#4
Command_doh said:
Les Stroud.

It most certainly is NOT Bear 'fake' Grylls.

Did try to put Les Stroud on, but it appears it'll only let me have 3 options....
 
#5
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Nah, mate. Got to be William Roache. He has been on Coronation street since it started in 1752. He has survived longer than most.
Can't see good old Bill eating a Dandruff sprinkled Elephant Turd to stave off hunger though, can you?
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#6
Blue/GreenJob said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Nah, mate. Got to be William Roache. He has been on Coronation street since it started in 1752. He has survived longer than most.
Can't see good old Bill eating a Dandruff sprinkled Elephant Turd to stave off hunger though, can you?
He has survived Betty's hotpot, Roy's Rolls and Deidre's muff. Do I need to say more?
 
#7
Yes, definately survivorman Les Stroud. He seems to do it for real and he sometimes catches wildlife in the traps he sets. Loved watching the one where he was set adrift and lost contact with back up crew. Even he thought he was gonna end up shark food.
 
#11
For radio, has to be Alaister Cooke, lasted soooo long and was so popular fans even dug him up. Newspapers, William Deedes, embalmed long before death, RIP.
 
#12
Ray Mears is a ginger, lardy arsed gwaaar.

Surely the best survival expert that the world has ever seen is Yoko Ono as she has been living off a dead beatle for the last 28 years!
Badaboom, tish...............

I'll get be coat..........



Osta
 
#15
#16
Command_doh said:
Les Stroud.

It most certainly is NOT Bear 'fake' Grylls. Or the Worlds' most boring man - Ray 'hotels, not wilderness' Mears.
Of course they stay in hotels. You have to go and charge the camera batteries somewhere for a start but why should the crew have to stay overnight in a mossy infested pit when they can have aircon an minibars?

It's only telly.
You don't think that Valerie Singleton actually used to wear that cr@p jewelry she made out of bottle tops on Blue Peter?

As it happens Ray is for real. His crew were shooting in Colorado out of a helicopter when the aircraft suffered a major failure - they hit the deck hard and unfortunately the camera man had been shooting with his feet on the skids.

He suffered 2 compound fractures of the femur plus a ruptured artery .Ray was totally calm - he tied knots in the femoral artery and dealt with all the less serious injuries the rest o the crew suffered. He definitely saved the cameraman's life.
 
#17
Les Hiddens.
That guy has been on active service and walked the walk and can talk the survival talk. Mind you he always has a Landy and trailer etc. Are we talking survive with nothing but a knife ?

Ray Mears would survive the longest - he's the fattest :wink:

Dave
 
#18
bigeye said:
As it happens Ray is for real. His crew were shooting in Colorado out of a helicopter when the aircraft suffered a major failure - they hit the deck hard and unfortunately the camera man had been shooting with his feet on the skids.

He suffered 2 compound fractures of the femur plus a ruptured artery .Ray was totally calm - he tied knots in the femoral artery and dealt with all the less serious injuries the rest o the crew suffered. He definitely saved the cameraman's life.
That is more a comment on his good luck and first aid skills than any talent for real survival in the ulu. I think we are talking about bushcraft survival.

Edited to add: The show RM did in Canada looked like it was in the middle of nowhere but having lived in that part of the world and done a lot of backcountry exploration 'meself', I can tell you he wasn't far from the Trans Canada Highway !
 
#19
Benedict Allen has done some good stuff too. There was one in the Arctic where he was dog sledding and managed to lose his sled and team at night. He was entirely unsupported and very lucky to find them again by all accounts.
 
#20
What about Bruce Parry?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top