Whos the mutts nuts when it comes to "TV Survivalists"

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Blue/GreenJob, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Les Hiddens

2. Ray Mears

3. "Bear" Grylls

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd go for good old Les "Bushtucker Man" Hiddens...no contest...
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Les Stroud.

It most certainly is NOT Bear 'fake' Grylls. Or the Worlds' most boring man - Ray 'hotels, not wilderness' Mears.
  3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Nah, mate. Got to be William Roache. He has been on Coronation street since it started in 1752. He has survived longer than most.

4. Did try to put Les Stroud on, but it appears it'll only let me have 3 options....
  5. Can't see good old Bill eating a Dandruff sprinkled Elephant Turd to stave off hunger though, can you?
  6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

He has survived Betty's hotpot, Roy's Rolls and Deidre's muff. Do I need to say more?
  7. Yes, definately survivorman Les Stroud. He seems to do it for real and he sometimes catches wildlife in the traps he sets. Loved watching the one where he was set adrift and lost contact with back up crew. Even he thought he was gonna end up shark food.
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Crocodile Dundee!!

9. Nah, Survival walt......can't use his knife to shave with, and only pretends.....
  10. Pah, all those up starts you lot go on about.
    Gentlemen I give you the original, the one and only Jack Hargreaves
    Thank you

Attached Files:

11. For radio, has to be Alaister Cooke, lasted soooo long and was so popular fans even dug him up. Newspapers, William Deedes, embalmed long before death, RIP.
  12. Ray Mears is a ginger, lardy arsed gwaaar.

Surely the best survival expert that the world has ever seen is Yoko Ono as she has been living off a dead beatle for the last 28 years!
    Badaboom, tish...............

I'll get be coat..........

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Oh alwight....

I'll go with Les Hiddins then.
  14. That's why I gave more options (Poll) and a bit of an arena for banter and discussion, plus the fact that there's FAR more in the way of TV survivalists out there than just Mears and Grylls......