Whos the big "G"?

I've been in the terries a wee while now,
and I must say it isn't all that bad....

but one thing that has never been made to clear to me is what is all this G1, G4 stuff about?

I have heard it mentioned a couple of times in briefings etc. but never wanted to admit I was the only bloke in the room who didn't know what they meant. I think I have heard mention of everything from G1 up to G6.

Anyone care to shed some light?

G1 - Personnel
G2 - Media opps
G3 - Opps & Trg
G4 - Logistics
G5 - Welfare
G6 - Comms

I think thats how it goes. You dont really have to worry about it at Pte level. Its more for senior rank/officer type stuff.

jock1471 said:
G1 - Personnel
G2 - Media opps
G3 - Opps & Trg
G4 - Logistics
G5 - Welfare
G6 - Comms

I think thats how it goes. You dont really have to worry about it at Pte level. Its more for senior rank/officer type stuff.
I am worried because I've just made Major. :oops:

G1 - PERSONNEL AND ADMIN
G2 - INT AND SECURITY
G3 - OPS
G4 - LOGISTICS
G5 - PLANS AND POLICY
G6 - COMMS AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
G7 - DOCTRINE AND TRAINING
G8 - RESOURCES AND FINANCE
G9 - CIVIL-MILITARY COPOERATION (CIMIC)

Wah meter has just gone critical. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rebel_with_a_cause said:

No, not a wah. it was a real question. And obviously, if I had just been made Major I would have known what they meant.

I have in fact just been made Secretary of Defence and don't understand any of this crap.

Bazzinho1977 said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:

No, not a wah. it was a real question. And obviously, if I had just been made Major I would have known what they meant.

I have in fact just been made Secretary of Defence and don't understand any of this crap.
Well, that's all perfectly clear .... now, what are terries? :D

Bazzinho1977 said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:

Dont worry it never held back any of your predecessors.

Father_Gundulph said:
Terries?

They are a bit like the "Terriers," but their weapon of choice is a sharpened piece of chocolate, originally manufactured to resemble a citrus fruit.
I see! ... all clear now ("They're not Terries.. the're mine"!) :wink:

Father_Gundulph said:
Terries?

They are a bit like the "Terriers," but their weapon of choice is a sharpened piece of chocolate, originally manufactured to resemble a citrus fruit.
Maybe I have just misunderstood Billy Connollys accent by using the word "terries". But I have only heard the song "Weekend Soldier" sang by two barely human scousers who in turn had learnt the words by ear.

So, it may well be terriers :?

Bazzinho1977 said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:

My apologies, now that I understand that you are a Cabinet Minister (no matter how junior) and are "responsible" for Defence I can see why you would have difficulty with the G Branch concept.

Bazzinho1977 said:
Father_Gundulph said:
Terries?

Maybe I have just misunderstood Billy Connollys accent by using the word "terries". But I have only heard the song "Weekend Soldier" sang by two barely human scousers who in turn had learnt the words by ear.

So, it may well be terriers :?
Easy mistake to make there Bazz... but canines make better singers than jocks (proof: two words "the" & "Proclaimers"... endex!)

I am worried because I've just made Major. :oops:
G1 - PERSONNEL AND ADMIN
G2 - INT AND SECURITY
G3 - OPS
G4 - LOGISTICS
G5 - PLANS AND POLICY
G6 - COMMS AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
G7 - DOCTRINE AND TRAINING
G8 - RESOURCES AND FINANCE
G9 - CIVIL-MILITARY COOPERATION (CIMIC)
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Never mind Sir. The Big G is a cereal.

[Geek]

G is for ' Ground ', surprisingly enough.

The crabs have similar staff branches but theirs are prefixed with A for ' Air '. Our nautical brethren and sistren go for N.

As for J, well I could tell you but I'd have to bore you to death.....

[\Geek]