• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Whos the big "G"?

I've been in the terries a wee while now,
and I must say it isn't all that bad....

but one thing that has never been made to clear to me is what is all this G1, G4 stuff about?

I have heard it mentioned a couple of times in briefings etc. but never wanted to admit I was the only bloke in the room who didn't know what they meant. I think I have heard mention of everything from G1 up to G6.

Anyone care to shed some light?

G1 - Personnel
G2 - Media opps
G3 - Opps & Trg
G4 - Logistics
G5 - Welfare
G6 - Comms

I think thats how it goes. You dont really have to worry about it at Pte level. Its more for senior rank/officer type stuff.

jock1471 said:
G1 - Personnel
G2 - Media opps
G3 - Opps & Trg
G4 - Logistics
G5 - Welfare
G6 - Comms

I think thats how it goes. You dont really have to worry about it at Pte level. Its more for senior rank/officer type stuff.
I am worried because I've just made Major. :oops:

G1 - PERSONNEL AND ADMIN
G2 - INT AND SECURITY
G3 - OPS
G4 - LOGISTICS
G5 - PLANS AND POLICY
G6 - COMMS AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
G7 - DOCTRINE AND TRAINING
G8 - RESOURCES AND FINANCE
G9 - CIVIL-MILITARY COPOERATION (CIMIC)

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Wah meter has just gone critical. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, not a wah. it was a real question. And obviously, if I had just been made Major I would have known what they meant.

I have in fact just been made Secretary of Defence and don't understand any of this crap.

Bazzinho1977 said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:

No, not a wah. it was a real question. And obviously, if I had just been made Major I would have known what they meant.

I have in fact just been made Secretary of Defence and don't understand any of this crap.
Well, that's all perfectly clear .... now, what are terries? :D

Bazzinho1977 said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:

Dont worry it never held back any of your predecessors.

Father_Gundulph said:
Terries?

They are a bit like the "Terriers," but their weapon of choice is a sharpened piece of chocolate, originally manufactured to resemble a citrus fruit.
I see! ... all clear now ("They're not Terries.. the're mine"!) :wink:

Father_Gundulph said:
Terries?

They are a bit like the "Terriers," but their weapon of choice is a sharpened piece of chocolate, originally manufactured to resemble a citrus fruit.
Maybe I have just misunderstood Billy Connollys accent by using the word "terries". But I have only heard the song "Weekend Soldier" sang by two barely human scousers who in turn had learnt the words by ear.

So, it may well be terriers :?

Bazzinho1977 said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:

My apologies, now that I understand that you are a Cabinet Minister (no matter how junior) and are "responsible" for Defence I can see why you would have difficulty with the G Branch concept.

Bazzinho1977 said:
Father_Gundulph said:
Terries?

Maybe I have just misunderstood Billy Connollys accent by using the word "terries". But I have only heard the song "Weekend Soldier" sang by two barely human scousers who in turn had learnt the words by ear.

So, it may well be terriers :?
Easy mistake to make there Bazz... but canines make better singers than jocks (proof: two words "the" & "Proclaimers"... endex!)

I am worried because I've just made Major. :oops:
G1 - PERSONNEL AND ADMIN
G2 - INT AND SECURITY
G3 - OPS
G4 - LOGISTICS
G5 - PLANS AND POLICY
G6 - COMMS AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
G7 - DOCTRINE AND TRAINING
G8 - RESOURCES AND FINANCE
G9 - CIVIL-MILITARY COOPERATION (CIMIC)
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Never mind Sir. The Big G is a cereal.

[Geek]

G is for ' Ground ', surprisingly enough.

The crabs have similar staff branches but theirs are prefixed with A for ' Air '. Our nautical brethren and sistren go for N.

As for J, well I could tell you but I'd have to bore you to death.....

[\Geek]

Latest Threads