whos re-writing TA Regs to reflect re-balancing?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Feb 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

And MATTs, MOD5, Mobilisation etc

msr
    (c) Wingletang

2. I'd like to know who's going to sell it to the small employer.

British Gas absorb the cost. Not many other firms can do so.

And the day is going to come when it's a question on the New Employee Application Form, and until we've got the same rights as a pregnant woman, who knows she is but won't tell the future employer until after the contract is signed, that's going to affect recruitment.

3. So that's why my gas costs so much!

4. Are TA regs still the bible or can Corps commanders over rule them?

5. msr

msr LE

Almost everything in TA regs is 'at the CO's discretion...'

msr

6. MATTs are already printed and the standards set, level 1, 2 and 3.

TA generally fall into level 2 unless you are called.

I havent got it to hand but i have got a copy of the paperwork on my desk at work so if anyone wants any further into then i will sling it up here next week :)

7. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

fivetodo - we've already done MATTs and what they involve to death ;) - I think msr was wondering how and when TA Regs would be changed to allow for them... I have seen one paper that says "TA Regs will be revised to allow for this" but I have no idea who/how/when....

8. Don't assume that working for a big employer protects you. As I found out to my cost, there is a very large gap between the encouraging noises uttered by the board and the line manager who is adversely affected by your absence and who will benefit by using creative methods to remove the TA liability from his team.

And - if my colleagues are to be believed - it is already a bar to recruitment in some firms and promotion in others. I recently had an interview for a medium sized defence firm and they felt themselves supportive in that they permitted you to be a member. Annual camp came out of my holiday entitlement of course, after all it was something I wished to do. And the sad thing is that by todays standards they are more supportive than most.

9. The point is not the content of the various changes. The iss ue is who is writing all of this up to be included within TA Regs on the advent of rebalancing or when the various elements start to take effect?

Without TA Regs being up to date, it is almost impossible to command a sub unit, recruit or, more importantly, retain.

Would a business change it's processes on the Monday and then write them up the following month?

10. So the SOinC can tear them up and do what ever he feels is in the best intrests of the Corps?

11. He might think so but sadly not!

12. So if its in TA regs, and the CO agrees, as does the Bde comd, both making the same decision, but the SOinC disagrees and changes that decision, what course of action does a soldier have?

13. Can't help feeling this is a loaded statement - in what sense might this comment be appropriate? - what are you referring to (example?)

14. Edited..

It was going off thread, and yes it was loaded :roll: