who's playing what online?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by maguire, Aug 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I've been playing a lot of Medal Of Honour Allied Assault lately, but it's tricky to find a server that isnt full of camping kiddies using aimbots (or at least, thats what I tell myself to excuse my lamentable performances :shock: ). tried Team Fortress, but it hasnt grabbed me. Same for Battlefield 1942.

I did post in the TSG clan sticky, but no one's answered. any other Arrser's up for a spot of online gaming? is Bad Company 2 worth the readies? what about COD? I did get the new AVP, which is superbly atmospheric - looks and sounds amazing - but the online play is so heavily skewed in favour of people playing as Predators it's almost unplayable, even in team deathmatch mode.
  2. depends if you are playing pc or console??
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

PC. still havent got around to getting online with the 360 for various reasons.
  4. well if thats the case i reccomend BC2 on the pc its amazing! if you get it and like it add me im Captainwoody
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I got BC2 for fifteen notes the other day in Game. Finally getting used to it online, but not sure if I can give you a proper recommendation yet. It's different, and seems to be quite fun. I think you need to get some mates together and properly team up if you're going to get the most out of it, though. I downloaded Lead & Gold off Steam the other day - that's quite fun and relatively cheap (£10 - it's a self-published title) but not a massive player base.

TF2 is ace, but then again TF Classic was my first ever online shooter back in like 96 or whatever so I'm a little bit nostalgic. COD:MW2, as good as it is, isn't worth getting into now. Hackers and modders have made it unplayable.

I may stump up for BF2 soon as I'm sure you can get it for like a fiver. A mate of mine (serving Cav WO1) is one of the main people behind the Project Reality mod that's been made for it, and that looks pretty sexy - very realistic gameplay, and plenty of Brit stuff modelled and playable.
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

BF2 - Battlefield 2 as opposed to Bad Company?

yes, the complete set is something like £7 on amazon atm. anyone got any experience of counter-strike? that worth fifteen squids would anyone say?
  7. ive played BF2 since it came out in 05 good game! and Bad coy since that came out! both games are value for money!
    cant comment on counter strike as i havent played it
  8. Have been playing (pc) bf2 project reality alot recently, can't be beat, and that's over bf2bc and cod on my xbox360.
  9. battlefield heroes, good for a laugh and quick too
    on as me
  10. I play Call of Duty 2 online. The problem I have is finding a server where my ping rate is under 300 (there may be local servers but they'll probably be in Chinese so I can't see them) so I usually play on the 'Mechanised Satan' and 'A2' servers as 'Dirk Dagger'.

I'm trying to load Punkbuster on to my new Windows 7 PC but can't seem to do it. I'm fed up with 12 y.o. Russian kids with fecking aimbots.
  11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

BF2 and COD2 will be getting purchased then. and Bad Company 2 if I find it cheap enough. cheers guys.
  12. Fallen Earth
  13. Still playing Battlefield 2. Just pure fun.
  14. Counter Strike is excellent, especially 'Source' which has a slightly more realistic flavour. It does not have the complete chaos of COD 4 or Modern Warfare 2 and can be quite tactical.

I really enjoyed the CS games and the mods for the game are infinite. People have modded it so that any variant of the game is possible. 15 quid? You won't be disappointed. CS has been going for 7 or 8 years and still massively popular.

As per the thread I play

Lord of the Rings Online
    World of Warcraft

But when my new XBox gets here it will all be Modern Warfare 2 baby!
  15. i play mw2 getting bored of it now tho black ops is out soon tho so going to get that before i leave for training