Who's kit would you like to test on a firing range?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by AJDShephard, Mar 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Shephard/A|D|S Modern Infantry event on 9-11 November at the National Shooting Centre at Bisley will include the opportunity to test infantry equipment and night vision systems on the military ranges.

Who's kit would you like to test?

Heckler & Koch
    FN Herstal
    Steyr Mannlicher
    Smith & Wesson
    Lewis Machine & Tool (L129A1 Sharpshooter)
    Sniper rifle – any

Either reply to this post or email me on ajd@shephard.co.uk

Register for your free exhibition and demonstration pass via Events | Shephard Group

2. I already fired weapons from all of them ;-)

I would like to fire some Frag 12 from an 870 though would this be possible?
  3. Would love to attend this event as im a massive fan of most sniper rifles, H+k and FN. Any chance Magpull/ remmington/bushmaster will be attending the event, i only ask because im a big fan of the ACR.
  4. gepard gm6 12.7mm anti material rifle, the videos on you tube are top, i particularly like the fact that the barrel stows away when transporting (it's a soft recoil barrel, bit like one of the RA's big toys) but when you push the button to release it for firing it will chamber a round! one of the vids shows it ripping apart an oil barrel awesome!!

YouTube - Now This Is A Rifle (Gepard GM6 .50 Caliber Heavy Sniper Rifle)
  5. WHoaaaaaaaa! What kind of banjo plucker thought of and made that thingy and do Eley do them with a fibre wad. (must think of the environment). You just added an item to my things todo list.
  6. Your missus
  7. Tony Blair's body armour. To destruction. With him in it.
  8. Not just weapons. Molle Pouches, Cam, Vehicles, Clothing and Footwear too.
    SIG aren't on your list. Ditto Manroy Engineering to waive the British flag.

That said I'd love a go at an AGS-17 and other FSU kit.
  9. Keltec from florida.

RFB, 7.62 bull pup, KSG, 14 rd shotgun
  10. Chaps,

If you can't make the above event, there is another way of handling and firing the worlds most exotic weaponry.

If your serving and based in the UK, units can always pay the Light Weapons Wing at the Defence Academy a visit, (however, this may need to booked well in advance and is subjct to their workload). These guys have virtually every single military small arm going (in order to evaluate them) and they host all sorts of people. You can even fire the weapons providing they aren't using them for anything else.

Toodle pip!

11. I would like to test fire my man-milk all over CatherineJ........does that count?