Whos got the keys for the bus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by meridian, Dec 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Not sure if this is true as I have picked it up from a couple of blogs rather than official news sources

Can anyone confirm?
  2. I can't think of a glib remark because I'm so feking outraged
  3. Whilst my man DI's the bus, are there any other links on this story?
  4. "Because the Home Office is currently threatening to deport the wife and two little children of C. Sgt Dura."

Absolutely outrageous, but then it's a Labour Government, are we to expect anything less?

Would be different if the wife and kids had smuggled themselves through the tunnel in a lorry and claiming... :x
  5. Stand to-stand to, the bus is getting bombed and up we want a link, PS Joanna get ready we are about to march!
  6. If only he'd come to this country in the back of an artic from Albania the gobment would have bent over backwards for them. No, he came over here to fight for this country, to be a Gurkha, to be one of the best fighting men on this planet.
    And when he gives the ultimate sacrifice to this country, not even the country of his birth but one he's chosen to fight for, all we do is shite on ther ones he leaves behind.
    I love my country, sometimes I think I'm one of the only ones that does these days, but things like this make you wonder wether or not there is anything to love about Britain.
    How do you start those Downing Street petition thingies?
  7. meridian

We need to get the facts, as I said the source is a couple of blogs not official news sources
  8. I have written to Howe and Co who are representing the Gurkhas to see if anyone is aware if this is true and, if so, what they are doing about Mrs Dura's plight.
  9. outraged etc, just going to get my kit from the mess..... Don't leave without me.

Has anyone called PtP yet?

10. I've got Mark Lancaster as a local MP, he's done tours in the hot and sandy as a TA officer so is quite sympathetic to the forces for an MP.
    Will have to draft up a letter to him this weekend
  11. If this is true, there will be a f*cking sh1t storm. :x
  12. meridian

Best I could find was from the Kent Messenger newspaper

So it looks like nothing has been confirmed from the Home Office but that normally, the rules if applied would mean they would not be granted leave to remain.

It looks like this is a watch and wait issue
  13. I've just spoken with Kieran and he will be all over it if it is established that this story is true. I suggest we wait to find out the facts before kicking off to MPs etc.
  14. I am hoping that she has been told to apply for exceptional leave to remain but has misunderstood this as a threat of deportation. But somehow I doubt that's the case ........
  15. Their still here, therefore bit of a none story,a lot of speculation.No need for the bus yet.