Who's better paras or commandos?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by jackrimmy, Sep 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Putting all rivalries and bias aside who are considered better paras or commandos?

For example in the RA there's 7th para and 29cdo, out of the two who has the best reputation? who's considered most intelligent, brave, and generally more able? And out of the two who do they send in first? Discuss.
  2. commandos - hands down
  3. By the looks of your signature 'expara' it seems as if your bored of hearing that the commandos are considered better? :roll:

2-0 to the commandos.
  4. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Who cares? They both manned by good soldiers, they are both very well trained, they both do a good job and more to the point they are both on our side. (And I for one am bloody glad they are)
  5. mate , if you can't form your own opinions ,then perhaps mil. forums is a better site for you , loads of "special" people over there bigging themselves up , i'm sure they'd be only to pleased to all tell you how great they are , over here , well we just take the p*ss out of each other.
  6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

7. Calm down everyone! just wanted to know who had the better reputation.

Since that has got everyone in a flap, can anyone give me any details of how the operations of 7th Para and 29cdo differ?
  8. OK

7th Para prefer operations where the objective contains large amounts of beer.

29cdo prefer operations where the objective contains large amounts of Pina Colada.

9. ok,

so when 7 Para jump out of planes (which are working perfectly) they do so with really heavy pieces of kit 8O 8O

and when 29 Cdo get to a beach, they lie IN THE SURF, at night and preferrably when its cold 8O 8O

now that's just weird
  10. Hmmm.......

Pepsi or Cola........

Big Mac or Flame Grilled BK.........

Britney or Christina............
  11. f*ck this thread , i've just re-read the ones cutaway posted links to , i'd forgotten how pant wettingly funny they were , now sitting quietly dabbing the tears from my eyes in a "post hysterical" moment. :lol:
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Jackrimmy, when you've gone through the links to those threads, (and they're just a small selection,) let is know what you think of them.

You've got to rate them better than a pissing contest !
  13. you forgot the one about poo stories (different types of poo or something like that - but fukking funny)
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Ah Moody !

Jeez I'm sorry as sh!t all over the place about that.

You want me to look the link up ?

"Yes Mistress" he mutters, scuttling away obediently......