Whos best at what Sports????

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by im_plan_b, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What area (REME, RE, Infantry, Int, etc)
    are best at:

Martial arts?

feel free to add other sports and an overal "BEST" area.
    No random guesses, only people who serve, experienced it and perhaps who hve seen recent match-ups/results.
  2. Boxing - RLC

Think about it
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I'm the undisputed world champion at pocket billiards.

4. your also winner at the
    "suck a golf ball through a garden hose" competition!? hahaha!
  5. There will be athletes in most regiments. I would expect the Infantry, and especially, the Paras to have a higher percentage due to the extreme nature of their training.
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

your mum pipped me for that one.
  7. I understand why you think Paras be good due to fitness and most likely are good runners, but think about strength etc people like Royal Engineers etc need for their job, their big blokes lol so maybe theyd be better at things like rugby,
    I want to hear from current serving soldiers? is your area winning rugby matches? tug of wars? fights? pissups comps? etc etc haha
  8. Royal Corps - best at getting Sky Sports, no matter where they are in the country.

Got to use that training for something.
  9. haha il be calling you up when im in a desert sometime wanting to watch Dexter or UFC etc hahah!
  10. You know, I would always recommend staying away from LSD and Crystal meth at this time of day. You are heading for a hell of a comedown around 7pm.
  11. hahahahaha i meant when im not busy of course, any other knowledge of useful/good sporters? haha

12. I can vouch for that! :D
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Shiite Chess team though....

Stripped naked and armed only with a roll mat they are no match for the Royal Marines either :wink:
  14. lol whenever people ask about the sports and fitness it always seems to end up in competition who has the biggest piss-up or crating eachother or who does the crasiest stuff, or random challenges, any real sport played? :p
  15. Excellent taste, young man! 8) :D