Whores, Wars and Waste

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Grey_Mafia65, Jan 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody read it?

This came up as a suggestion on the same page as "Pull Up A Sandbag", it's only got 5 reviews, 4 for (and one of those is obviously from a mate of the author) and one against.

Anyone on here got views on it before I waste my gift voucher?

2. Why, do you think you've got a mention? :D

3. Depends on what period of time it covers :wink:

4. Looks a bit rubbish to me.
    The picture on the front is a bit crap, and the titles a bit boring.
    Given the title, it's a shame that the cover image suggests waste and not whores or war. Compare it to the title of Bravo 20 or Sniper One, which look well warry. I felt like a propper steely-eyed-dealer of death looking at the cover, let alone reading the book.

I don't beleive that Sharpe is the author's real name. I don't think someone who shares a name with a legendary Rifleman-Major who takes no crap would pick such a mong cover for his book.

5. The author is an ex-medic and obviously its not his real name, books shite by the way, I got it from the library and couldnt finish it.

6. I thought it was not very good . Was hoping it would have been in the vein of "Picking up the brass" but it is not in the same league.

7. Result for judging the book by the cover. Saved myself a bit of a chore, it seems.

8. And me, thanks for the review.

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Served with the author- never felt the need to get it.