Whores, Wars and Waste

#1
Anybody read it?

This came up as a suggestion on the same page as "Pull Up A Sandbag", it's only got 5 reviews, 4 for (and one of those is obviously from a mate of the author) and one against.

Anyone on here got views on it before I waste my gift voucher?
 
#2
Grey_Mafia65 said:
Anybody read it?

This came up as a suggestion on the same page as "Pull Up A Sandbag", it's only got 5 reviews, 4 for (and one of those is obviously from a mate of the author) and one against.

Anyone on here got views on it before I waste my gift voucher?
Why, do you think you've got a mention? :D
 
#3
bluntslane said:
Grey_Mafia65 said:
Anybody read it?

This came up as a suggestion on the same page as "Pull Up A Sandbag", it's only got 5 reviews, 4 for (and one of those is obviously from a mate of the author) and one against.

Anyone on here got views on it before I waste my gift voucher?
Why, do you think you've got a mention? :D
Depends on what period of time it covers :wink:
 
#4
Looks a bit rubbish to me.
The picture on the front is a bit crap, and the titles a bit boring.
Given the title, it's a shame that the cover image suggests waste and not whores or war. Compare it to the title of Bravo 20 or Sniper One, which look well warry. I felt like a propper steely-eyed-dealer of death looking at the cover, let alone reading the book.

I don't beleive that Sharpe is the author's real name. I don't think someone who shares a name with a legendary Rifleman-Major who takes no crap would pick such a mong cover for his book.
 
#5
The author is an ex-medic and obviously its not his real name, books shite by the way, I got it from the library and couldnt finish it.
 
#6
I thought it was not very good . Was hoping it would have been in the vein of "Picking up the brass" but it is not in the same league.
 
#7
Result for judging the book by the cover. Saved myself a bit of a chore, it seems.
 
#8
NVG_Goatman said:
Result for judging the book by the cover. Saved myself a bit of a chore, it seems.
And me, thanks for the review.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top