Whoops!The MoD does it again!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Sep 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

2. Well it is difficult at that angle. Only the twin tail fins and lack of canards to give it away....
  3. I hope someone has whispered in their ear
  4. This is the benefit of employing loads of expensive civil service press information officers to show case the British Military.
  5. quite - but how long will it take for them to realise? I have twenty quid for combat stress if it takes them two weeks.
  6. And what makes anyone think that if they actually DO realise their error, they will be able to muster the backbone/effort required to correct it?
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Fear not - I will ensure that the relevant person gets severely ribbed about this tomorrow morning, and I can pretty much guarantee that it will be put right pretty swiftly.
  8. Ah, yes, now I wondered which of you men would spot that.
  9. Er.. not really - probably some poor little D band straight out of journo school. Ah well, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys! :)
  10. I'm surprised at the error - the fact that it was flying and has entered service at a reasonable cost should have been the obvious give away that it wasn't a Typhoon.
  11. Perhaps the title underneath should have been 'and this is what we should a bought instead'
  12. I'm suprised they even thought it was plane, proberly was corrected from a helicopter. There was a thing in the Private Eye about how some Sky News team were filming some Spitfires at some airshow and they thought some Ruskie Yak was a Spitfire, then after the break they showed a Huricane taking off utter mongs.
  13. i wonder how saudi arabia's gonna feel when they get a shipment of around 70 migs instead of the eurofighters they paid for!
  14. Pleased they have something that flies - doesn't have concrete where the ammo should go and they may even get a rebate of £xbn if they're lucky!!
  15. Hope their IFF is switched on.