Whoops!The MoD does it again!

#2
Well it is difficult at that angle. Only the twin tail fins and lack of canards to give it away....
 
#4
This is the benefit of employing loads of expensive civil service press information officers to show case the British Military.
 
#5
putteesinmyhands said:
Well it is difficult at that angle. Only the twin tail fins and lack of canards to give it away....
quite - but how long will it take for them to realise? I have twenty quid for combat stress if it takes them two weeks.
 
#6
And what makes anyone think that if they actually DO realise their error, they will be able to muster the backbone/effort required to correct it?
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#7
Fear not - I will ensure that the relevant person gets severely ribbed about this tomorrow morning, and I can pretty much guarantee that it will be put right pretty swiftly.
 
#8
spike7451 said:
Now you would've thought that the MoD would have been able to tell the diference from a British Eurofighter Typhoon & a Russian Mig jet but apparently not........ :p
Ah, yes, now I wondered which of you men would spot that.
 
#9
DodgerDog said:
This is the benefit of employing loads of expensive civil service press information officers to show case the British Military.
Er.. not really - probably some poor little D band straight out of journo school. Ah well, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys! :)
 
#10
I'm surprised at the error - the fact that it was flying and has entered service at a reasonable cost should have been the obvious give away that it wasn't a Typhoon.
 
#12
I'm suprised they even thought it was plane, proberly was corrected from a helicopter. There was a thing in the Private Eye about how some Sky News team were filming some Spitfires at some airshow and they thought some Ruskie Yak was a Spitfire, then after the break they showed a Huricane taking off utter mongs.
 
#14
Mr_Noodles said:
i wonder how saudi arabia's gonna feel when they get a shipment of around 70 migs instead of the eurofighters they paid for!
Pleased they have something that flies - doesn't have concrete where the ammo should go and they may even get a rebate of £xbn if they're lucky!!
 
#16
Oh FFS.

How the fcuk can the forces operate with someone at the helm who clearly has no clue as to what he is responsible for.

I'm going to use the analogy that HM forces is a 1700s 1st rater. Would their not be a mutiny if the Captain was this monumentally stupid?

It is time that the forces were taken out of politicians hands and run by themselves, disband the MoD, the Navy, Army and RAF can get their own budgets and spend it on what THEY want.
 
#17
See they've had a go at correcting it today - and I mean "had a go"!!

"The MiG 29 Fulcrun performing at the RAF Leuchars airshow [Picture: RAF]"

Tw@ts!
 
#18
And today's effort with the sad story of the 3 Gunners being repatriated is no better...

"Also in attendance were Major General Gregory, Brigadier Kingdon, Major Haines (ACO 12 Reg RA), Captain Davenport (Opps Officer 12 Reg), WO Turner (RSM 12 Reg), Lieutenant Colonel Hudson (CO 4 Reg) and WO1 Genteles (RSM 4 Reg).

The Service of repatriation was lead by Padre Tyrone Hillary (HQ ATRA) and Reverend Alistair Bissell, the senior Chaplain at Brize Norton was also in attendance.

A Bugler played Last Post and Reveille."

At least they corrected "Lost Post" to "Last Post" this morning... But- what's a "Reg"? and what's an RAF WO doing as RSM of 12 Regt RA?

Speechless...
 
#20
Petriburg said:
And today's effort with the sad story of the 3 Gunners being repatriated is no better...

"Also in attendance were Major General Gregory, Brigadier Kingdon, Major Haines (ACO 12 Reg RA), Captain Davenport (Opps Officer 12 Reg), WO Turner (RSM 12 Reg), Lieutenant Colonel Hudson (CO 4 Reg) and WO1 Genteles (RSM 4 Reg).

The Service of repatriation was lead by Padre Tyrone Hillary (HQ ATRA) and Reverend Alistair Bissell, the senior Chaplain at Brize Norton was also in attendance.

A Bugler played Last Post and Reveille."
What's an 'Opps Officer'?

The padres' titles should surely be consistent too, and show that they are military Chaplains. This could be done by showing the Army Chaplain as RAChD, and the RAF Chaplain as Rev (Wg Cdr).

All in all, another example of the sloppy reporting to be expected from MOD.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top