Whoops...MoD may have to rehire thousands of people..

Looks like they cut manpowere a bit too soon & have shot themselves in the foot,mind you I don't think they took into account the amount of bloke who are PVR'ing when they didn't get redundancy...

MoD 'may have to re-hire thousands' - Defence Management

The Ministry of defence may be forced to re-hire thousands of personnel made redundant during recent cuts in order to tackle skills shortages, a committee of MPs is expected to say this week.

Some 29,000 civilian and 25,000 military jobs are to be cut by the Ministry of Defence by 2015 and thousands of personnel have already left under the ministry's Voluntary Early Release Scheme and through compulsory armed forces redundancies.

The House of Commons Public Accounts Committee is said to be about to publish a report warning that cutting jobs so quickly before the future civil service and army structures have been finalised may have been a mistake.

Allowing around 8,000 military and civilian personnel to leave voluntarily and not replacing 16,000 has left the ministry with insufficient control over which skilled staff it has lost, the report is expected to say.

Yep, they're already actively recruiting blokes on FTRS in my trade.

There is something about Piss ups, breweries, and organisational skills that it tapping on the edge of my memory banks, cant quite put my finger on it.

There is something about Piss ups, breweries, and organisational skills that it tapping on the edge of my memory banks, cant quite put my finger on it.
As in, "Can anyone here remember how to run a piss up, only we are off on a brewery visit...anyone...anyone at all!?"