Whole page of letters about the DIN in The Times

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. There was a good letter in Tuesday's Times by a member from here.

3. Glad you liked it.
    This is part of an ongoing campaign by BAFF to get MoD to reconsider the ridiculous imposition of this blanket gagging order.
    We in BAFF will continue to bring your concerns to the government's attention but we need more support from you.
    The more members of BAFF, the stronger will be our voice SO JOIN BAFF TODAY. (Special rates for Corporals and below)

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

...and you can now pay quarterly by standing order. So, Cpls and below can join for less than the price of a pint a month.

5. I've been stuck in civvie street for <20 >15 years now. Otherwise I'd join to help out in a flash.

6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

You can still join as an ex member of the forces. But "I'm on a pension" doesn't work so it's full wack for you :D

7. That's right! I imagine the day will come when serving will be asked to pay more than retired, for a fuller range of services, with a differential also between full-time and part-time. No doubt this will be kept under review, with the decision ultimately up to the membership as a whole.

I reckon we've got it about right for now. The new features are

(1) reduced subscription for serving (reg or reserves) up to full Cpl or equivalent rank/rate (i.e. up to and including NATO rank OR-4).

(2) any member can now pay by quarterly instalments by standing order - £5/quarter at the reduced rate, £7.50/quarter at the standard rate.

For those paying yearly the payment options are unchanged - pay over the internet using your credit or debit card, or pay by cheque. And you can either join online, or by post.

LINK - 'JOIN BAFF'

8. Another three letters in today's Times: LINK

9. No probs :)

The pension is only pushed with civvie organisations unless they can prove their worth. The family is welcome to the full whack.