Whole Israeli Inf Coy suspended

Thought I'd get this up before Sergey appears with his slant. :roll:

Even though I think they have got the size of unit worng - my guess a platoon rather than a company - I haven't heard of the Israeli's ever doing this before. An attempt by their CoC to minimise local tensions or a real change in policy and tolerance of their military actions?

See here

Perhaps after the last little fiasco (and helped along by US and UK experience in Iraq), there is a realisation that they can't win a "war" against a insurgent enemy.

Could this be a small step along the road towards a more "hearts and minds" approach?

It would be a long road to walk to build up local and international trust but I suppose it could be.

We can hope.

[Removes pink tinted specs]. Naaah - far more likely the sods got caught on camera and are getting hung out as the sacrificial lamb for political expediency and to stave off another kicking from the international community. :D

Well with Hamas having taken over Gaza and starting to make the move from basic nutter terrorist group to more of a militia unit the Israelis have been trying to shore up Fatah in the West Bank, so carjacking some passing taxi, shooting an innocent civillian and then driving off without doing or saying anything about it is going to strain relations somewhat. The IDF are going to have to seriously wind their necks in for the forseeable future, in the West Bank at least, whilst the governments try and play nice.

It said the troops had then failed to give first aid to the wounded man or report the incident.

The Israeli soldiers said they believed the man had been acting suspiciously.

One report said they had mistaken a spade he had been carrying for a gun.

The Israeli military police are now investigating the incident.
The Brazilian also had been acting suspiciously.

Cow said:
KGB_resident said:
The Brazilian also had been acting suspiciously.
And you'd think they'd learn from his mistake....
I have an impression that they will try not to repeat their mistake.

As for our Israeli friends then likely mistakes will happen further.

Ooooh Sergey,

very sharp, very bitchy... LMAO!!!

Come on chaps - stop slating Sergey... At least he tries and communicates with us! He also can speak English a far damn site better than I can Russian!

His views are sometimes odd but we need a different matter of opinion or else we would all be singing NAZI Heil Mein Fuehrer songs and goose stepping round Whitehall!

Da Tovarisch?

in_the_cheapseats said:
Perhaps after the last little fiasco (and helped along by US and UK experience in Iraq), there is a realisation that they can't win a "war" against a insurgent enemy.
Given that they can't win a terrorist war why don't the IDF just wipe palestine off the face of the earth ? palestine serves no purpose and it's only export is terrorism. palestinians voted in a goverment that wants the extermiation of all Israelis.

Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Given that they can't win a terrorist war why don't the IDF just wipe palestine off the face of the earth ? palestine serves no purpose and it's only export is terrorism. palestinians voted in a goverment that wants the extermiation of all Israelis.
Where exactly is Palestine?

Speedkuff said:
Ooooh Sergey,

very sharp, very bitchy... LMAO!!!
Hi Speedkuff!

I think that many (if mot a majority) here would agree with me. Maybe wording it too sharp. Sorry I don't mean to insult anybody.

Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
You really don't get it do you? :roll:

Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
From my POV it's you and your kind that don't get it. We'll just have to disagree.
My kind? Love to get a definition of that.

Let's just say my kind doesn't think pogroms work, which is what you appear to be advocating :roll:

Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
And that statement makes you how much more righteous than President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? At least he was speaking metaphorically about removing a government or people with a certain mindset when he said he wanted to wipe Zionism from the pages of time. You are speaking of killing millions because you dont like them and you want to free up their land. I hold Ahmadinejad in much higher regard than I do simpletons like yourself even if I dont agree with him.

Oh, and Americans voted in a government that has killed more innocent Iraqis and Afghans in 6 years than Palestinians have exterminated Israelis in the past 100 years, if not 1000. I gather you think someone should wipe the US off the face of the Earth?

in_the_cheapseats said:
Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
From my POV it's you and your kind that don't get it. We'll just have to disagree.

Let's just say my kind doesn't think pogroms work, which is what you appear to be advocating :roll:
Careful "In_the_cheapseats" before you get branded as a supporter of terrorism, im afraid you will be joining us ? in the 'with the rest of your kind' ? Gang............. :roll:

Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Israel has illegally occupied Palestinian territory since 1967(and that's the UN's interpretation not mine) , that's probably longer than most posters on here have been alive. It's time the UN stepped in and ejected them as they are in contravention of UN sesolutions. The Palestinian reaction is quite understandable when you consider that they have been occupied and treated as second (if not third) class citizens in their own country for 40 years. Could it be that because they are Arabs a lot of people agree with the Israeli attitude.

halo_jones said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:

Careful "In_the_cheapseats" before you get branded as a supporter of terrorism, im afraid you will be joining us ? in the 'with the rest of your kind' ? Gang............. :roll:
Thanks for the warning. Sounds like I've already been placed in that catagory by our mutual fiend, (oops) friend. :D

Bugly said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Because Palestine has been there longer than Israel mate. The latest bunch of Israelis were allocated their current location by the US after WW2, remember.

I say it makes a lot of sense to stick it right back in their mada fokin arrse; move Israel to Kansas and see how they handle living next to them. :D