Whole Israeli Inf Coy suspended

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Jul 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Thought I'd get this up before Sergey appears with his slant. :roll:

Even though I think they have got the size of unit worng - my guess a platoon rather than a company - I haven't heard of the Israeli's ever doing this before. An attempt by their CoC to minimise local tensions or a real change in policy and tolerance of their military actions?

See here

Perhaps after the last little fiasco (and helped along by US and UK experience in Iraq), there is a realisation that they can't win a "war" against a insurgent enemy.

Could this be a small step along the road towards a more "hearts and minds" approach?

It would be a long road to walk to build up local and international trust but I suppose it could be.

We can hope.

[Removes pink tinted specs]. Naaah - far more likely the sods got caught on camera and are getting hung out as the sacrificial lamb for political expediency and to stave off another kicking from the international community. :D
  2. He! he! :D
  3. "hearts and minds" :twisted:
  4. Well with Hamas having taken over Gaza and starting to make the move from basic nutter terrorist group to more of a militia unit the Israelis have been trying to shore up Fatah in the West Bank, so carjacking some passing taxi, shooting an innocent civillian and then driving off without doing or saying anything about it is going to strain relations somewhat. The IDF are going to have to seriously wind their necks in for the forseeable future, in the West Bank at least, whilst the governments try and play nice.
  5. The Brazilian also had been acting suspiciously.
  6. Cow

Cow LE

And you'd think they'd learn from his mistake....
  7. I have an impression that they will try not to repeat their mistake.

As for our Israeli friends then likely mistakes will happen further.
  8. Ooooh Sergey,

very sharp, very bitchy... LMAO!!!
  9. Come on chaps - stop slating Sergey... At least he tries and communicates with us! He also can speak English a far damn site better than I can Russian!

His views are sometimes odd but we need a different matter of opinion or else we would all be singing NAZI Heil Mein Fuehrer songs and goose stepping round Whitehall!

Da Tovarisch?
  10. Given that they can't win a terrorist war why don't the IDF just wipe palestine off the face of the earth ? palestine serves no purpose and it's only export is terrorism. palestinians voted in a goverment that wants the extermiation of all Israelis.
  11. Where exactly is Palestine?
  12. Hi Speedkuff!

I think that many (if mot a majority) here would agree with me. Maybe wording it too sharp. Sorry I don't mean to insult anybody.
  13. in_the_cheapseats

You really don't get it do you? :roll:
  14. From my POV it's you and your kind that don't get it. We'll just have to disagree.
  15. in_the_cheapseats

My kind? Love to get a definition of that.

Let's just say my kind doesn't think pogroms work, which is what you appear to be advocating :roll: