Who Would You Want as President/Dictator?

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by pongo6863, Dec 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let's not beat about the bush, this once great country of ours is in shit state!
    So, how do we sort it out? Should we remain a democratic monarchy or have a revolution (army led, of course) and install a president/chairman/dictator?
    The age and experience of all we Old & Bolders should enable us to make some pithy, witty or relevant suggestions.

For starters I suggest an autocracy and nominate Lord Havelock Vetinari as Patrician. For those unenlightened among us here's his biography:
    Havelock Vetinari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. I suggest................................... ME

3. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

I suggest Her Majesty The Queen, but letting her serve as a Benign Dictator, a job she'd do extremely well.

4. Seconded. Her maj has a wealth of experience which I am sure would help us out, and I am sure she'd love to tell our elected rulers where to get off!

5. Boldnotold

Only trouble is, would she want the hassle at her age?
    She's done an awful lot for us in her reign, and might just want to retire and put her feet up!

6. Frankie Boyle, lets have a Jock.

7. Boldnotold

He only has one policy - being rude to Kerry Katona. Can't we have Auld-Yin instead? At least we'll get plenty to read.

8. Anyone that is rude to Kerry Katatonic is ok with me. I suppose that opens the floodgates.

9. Boldnotold

I always thought he was very Anti-Army. Goes on about our soldiers 'attacking shepherds', etc.

There are better Jocks, imho.

(Agree re K K though - she would be amongst the first against the wall!)

10. How a out the big yin Billy Connolly with Jeremy Clarkson as Transport minister

11. That's the way he rolls. But he is very popular with the members of the Army. Someone has to take out the naughty shepherds.

12. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

1) Her Maj. - a good job so far.
    2) The Scarey One - one big giggle with endless brews and a tidy Britain.
    3) Baroness Thatcher
    4) Tebbit
    5) My Dad - life in the UK would then be homo free, single Malts at 18:00 and Lee Enfields for all sensible church going Scots and endless reruns of Laurel and Hardy, Dad's Army and Tom & Jerry.

.. off thread, but definitely NOT!
    1) RSM PB
    2) Any veggies, tree huggers or top deckers.
    3) My ex.
    4) My sister - Attila isn't Right wing enough for her.
    5) Any daytime tv presenters - except Carol and Sian off BBC1 news. Naturally, all their duties must be done naked.
    . and finally, me 'cos I can't be arssed

13. "I'm not a spy, I'm a shepherd."

"Ah ha. So you're a ......" (go on, I'll let you fill it in) ;-)

I vote for Eccles as President ("I'm a highly skilled technician!")

And Bluebottle as VP.

Oh - Major Bloodnock as CGS and/or Defence Secretary

GMOB

14. Boldnotold

Could the 'Ying Tong Song' become our National Anthem?

Except during Advent, when obviously we'd have to walk backwards for Christmas.

15. Phil the Greek!