Who would you strip of their knighthood if you had the chance?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grubby Bum III, Jan 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has Miliband seen the light of common decency by announcing his support for this, or has he just jumped on a bandwagon on which he sees some sort of popularity promoter?

And after what he did to RBS, Goodwin should not only be de-knighted but should also lose his pension, all ways of earning a living, all his property and probably his testicles, the B'stard. See Ed Miliband joins campaign to strip Fred the Shred of knighthood - Telegraph.

Who would you like to see stripped of knighthood, de-nobled or otherwise generally humiliated? :policecap:

2. Sir Mark Thatcher 2nd Baronet the useless criminal ****.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Jeffery Archer for one, The Kinnocks, Prescott all should be executed, sorry de-knighted.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Bob Geldoff.
    Have a shower and wash your hair, you scruffy ****.

• Like Like x 4
  5. If you only see the tv image of this lad then fair comment. I see the sharp pin striped business director of a few companies, ranging from media to travel. He's far from 'scruffy' on those occasions.

• Like Like x 3
  6. and alleged backer of a few failed coups...................................

7. Surprised he's not been put into the Lords with that track record.

He'd be in bloody good company along with Milords Archer, Taylor x2 et al.

8. Goodwin won't lose his Knighthood. Fiver says so. They're all looking for a scapegoat and he's back on the list for national vilification. It'll all be tomorrow's fish and chip wrappers and he'll still be Sir Fred next year. As for the OPs comment about stripping him of his pension, etc. Well, that'll never happen either, so go and have a long lie down in a dark room. Goodwin will be back as the focus of attention in about a month or two when they're collectively annoyed about something else that they can't quite explain to the public...like they don't actually have the power to regulate bonuses in the financial sector.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Anyone connected with the last Labour government (Blair era or Brown era)

10. This weeks "ten minute hate" target?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affairs-news-analysis/175261-public-appetite-outrage-going-change.html

11. Source - Private Eye No 1305 ( Bugger, I seem to be quoting from this a bit too much )

January Sales Off To A Flying Start.

There were scenes of pandemonium outside Conservative Central Office in Smith Sq. to get their hands on amazing deals on offer. Hedge Fund tycoons and leading industrialists waved their cheque books frantically as they grabbed the cut price honours on sale.
    Said one, "I've been queuing for months for this. I had my heart set on a knighthood and I've got one!" Said another "I can't believe it. I got a lovely title and it was reduced from £500,000 to just £200,000".......................

You get the flavour. Horses arrses the lot of them.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Nope, keep him in, despite the jail sentence and all of that. We need a few rogues and neer'do wells to balance the zealots and moralists wings. It makes for good debate. Jeffery has more front than Blackpool. Post old lag phase, he regularly had a pub lunch in what was then 'The Lavender' in Vauxhall, since re-named. He had a mini-skirted darling of an.... eeerrr...... assistant on his arm every time and responded to the " hellos" from the pub clientele. For that alone, I vote we keep him in.

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Er, have a read about Call-Me-Daves recent honours list antics? Roll up, roll up as David Cameron revives political honours | UK news | guardian.co.uk

The lying git Lord Archer would top my list, closely followed by the thief Baroness Uddin who it would appear, plans to repay the £125,000 she stole from us out of her House of Lords attendance allowance, if the lying piece of shite ever pays it back.

Baron Bhatia (£27,500 nicked)
    Lord Hanningfield (charged under section 17 of the theft act)
    Baron Swraj Paul (£42,000 nicked)
    Lord Taylor (guilty of false accounting)
    Bob Geldof (guilty of spouting drivel and inflicting Peaches Geldof upon the realm)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tend to agree - once in that Club, they all look after each other regardless of what they've done. If that wasn't the case, Archer woujld have lost his ages ago. I sometimes think that their view is that binning just one of them would damage the image of the whole. Just another form of corruption. And my comments about stripping him of his pension, etc, were definitely made with a strong element of sarcasm, possibly with the exception of his testicles.

15. Are they classed as knights?