Who would you piss it up with

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I love the dit about Michael Caine and Peter O’Toole.

Apparently Caine was O’Toole’s understudy in a play and O’Toole invited the younger Caine round for dinner to go over some lines. Dinner consisted of some chips and lots of booze.

Caine woke up 2 days later at 5pm. Curtain up was at 8.

O’Toole said to him “never ask what you did. It’s better not to know.”

So Peter O’Toole is definitely on the list.

An old work colleague of mine was good mates with Ollie Reed’s son and used to drink in their local with them quite a lot. This was a nice old country boozer with a big fire place in the corner, next to which was a nice table for 2, the most romantic table in the pub.

Apparently Reed’s party trick was to climb up inside the fireplace and just sit there waiting.....sometimes for hours. Eventually a couple would sit down and half way through their meal, Reed would come flying out of the fire place all covered in soot and shout something like “she’ll never let you fuck her with shit chat like that son.”

So Ollie Reed too.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I love the dit about Michael Caine and Peter O’Toole.

Apparently Caine was O’Toole’s understudy in a play and O’Toole invited the younger Caine round for dinner to go over some lines. Dinner consisted of some chips and lots of booze.

Caine woke up 2 days later at 5pm. Curtain up was at 8.

O’Toole said to him “never ask what you did. It’s better not to know.”

So Peter O’Toole is definitely on the list.

An old work colleague of mine was good mates with Ollie Reed’s son and used to drink in their local with them quite a lot. This was a nice old country boozer with a big fire place in the corner, next to which was a nice table for 2, the most romantic table in the pub.

Apparently Reed’s party trick was to climb up inside the fireplace and just sit there waiting.....sometimes for hours. Eventually a couple would sit down and half way through their meal, Reed would come flying out of the fire place all covered in soot and shout something like “she’ll never let you **** her with shit chat like that son.”

So Ollie Reed too.

The son would be Mark, I believe? Somewhere in leafy Surrey?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know it sounds like the wistful dreams of an elderly gentleman, but I would love to go back to the Company smokers we had in Germany. Great bunch of lads with the obvious mongs but brilliant nights.

your old man might have been involved in the mega punch up between us and the cousins at HMS JUFAIR in 1969, it was 2sqn RCT, crew off the Eagle, and some yank sailors, a good night was had by one and all.
The deed happened in Plymouth 1958, the old slapper always had shit taste in men, the first guy in authority over me who didn't knock me about was my squad sergeant at AAColl in 1975.
edited to add; he was a CoH not a Sergeant, AAColl Arborfield was infested with Guardsmen in my time. To my benefit I might add. The Apprentice College on parade was a match for any formation you care to mention.
I still find myself glancing at the condition of a man's shoes to this day.

Last edited:
The deed happened in Plymouth 1958, the old slapper always had shit taste in men, the first guy in authority over me who didn't knock me about was my squad sergeant at AAColl in 1975.
edited to add; he was a CoH not a Sergeant, AAColl Arborfield was infested with Guardsmen in my time. To my benefit I might add. The Apprentice College on parade was a match for any formation you care to mention.
all varieties of juniors had a very high standard of drill and discipline back then.

Sorry to be serious, but I wonder what it would be like to have a sit down with the guys that were Colonels in their 20's during WWII. I think they'd blow our minds.

Kate McCann, Julian Clary & Nicola Strugeon. It'll be a scream

That is a positive you dense twat, Unlike yourself I dislike echo chambers,
You know feck all and pay no fucking attention, I've said that I used to share a pint or two with BNP types. Echo chamber my arse.

Sorry to be serious, but I wonder what it would be like to have a sit down with the guys that were Colonels in their 20's during WWII. I think they'd blow our minds.
I was thinking the same, but more down the original SAS route. Assuming Paddy doesn't pull a grenade on you, hearing the original troop tell some of their stories firsthand would be exciting to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That pikey who won the lottery a few years back and blitzed it all on nose candy and Bentleys that he took banger racing, would also be on my list.

I think his name was Michael Caroll?

And some other absolute bell end like Connor McGregor or Tyson Fury just because.

That pikey who won the lottery a few years back and blitzed it all on nose candy and Bentleys that he took banger racing, would also be on my list.

I think his name was Michael Caroll?

And some other absolute bell end like Connor McGregor or Tyson Fury just because.
So you want to spend your night with a bunch of pikeys?