Who would want to wear 1 of these

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#2
Got mine - have worn it - don't see any problem- what is your problem?
 
#3
Ive seen lots of the oldies wearing them at the association I helped out with, lots of the National service old boys wear them with pride. WHY
 
#5
Never said I had a problem, just seen the site and thought I would publicise it a bit more. I am eligible in 4 years just wanted to get a few opinions. So calm down my 1 Scots friend
 
#6
As I described after my return from Edinburgh last week, it is a pulling aid of no small impact. apparently it enables birds over thirty to achieve trust...something that being a soldier never allowed me to achieve with birds under thirty!

It is also nice to be recognised as a net contributor to society rather than be herded in with the neds, chavs and nimbys who are gross drains...
 
#7
I have seen them being worn at annual renions . Probably mainly by ex National Servicemen as they were discharged after two years service with no recognition for what they did. Many served in active service in theatres such as Malaya,Korea and Cyprus/Kenya and lost their lives.
 
#8
leonidas42 said:
Never said I had a problem, just seen the site and thought I would publicise it a bit more. I am eligible in 4 years just wanted to get a few opinions. So calm down my 1 Scots friend
You seem to imply with Your smilie and Legion jibe that veterans should have a problem with wearing one
 
#9
Cuddles said:
As I described after my return from Edinburgh last week, it is a pulling aid of no small impact. apparently it enables birds over thirty to achieve trust...something that being a soldier never allowed me to achieve with birds under thirty!

It is also nice to be recognised as a net contributor to society rather than be herded in with the neds, chavs and nimbys who are gross drains...
Well, it sounds good to me, just seems strange that MOD have issued something which will be of benefit with no gain for them directly. :D
 
#10
Sven said:
leonidas42 said:
Never said I had a problem, just seen the site and thought I would publicise it a bit more. I am eligible in 4 years just wanted to get a few opinions. So calm down my 1 Scots friend
You seem to imply with Your smilie and Legion jibe that veterans should have a problem with wearing one
Not in the least just wanted some decent feedback. Which seems to be doing the trick. 8)
 
#12
#16
Wear them with pride, if you are entitled. I can't quite work out what to do about mine. Given my great age I am entitled to one but as I'm still serving (or at least rumour has it I am) I don't think I can get one yet.
 
#17
leonidas42 said:
Cuddles said:
As I described after my return from Edinburgh last week, it is a pulling aid of no small impact. apparently it enables birds over thirty to achieve trust...something that being a soldier never allowed me to achieve with birds under thirty!

It is also nice to be recognised as a net contributor to society rather than be herded in with the neds, chavs and nimbys who are gross drains...
Well, it sounds good to me, just seems strange that MOD have issued something which will be of benefit with no gain for them directly. :D
Oh I expect there will be a downside - they are probably made from scrap T55s and riddled with harmful DU dust!
 
#18
Cuddles that sounds like you are talking about "defence" matters.
 
#19
rebel_with_a_cause said:
Cuddles that sounds like you are talking about "defence" matters.
Yes but Cuddles is just a dog and has never served(unlike his owner) so can use his paws to typw what he likes.
 
#20
Fair point. Were you using your paws to type your last?
 

Similar threads

Top