Who would want to wear 1 of these

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by leonidas42, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Got mine - have worn it - don't see any problem- what is your problem?

2. Ive seen lots of the oldies wearing them at the association I helped out with, lots of the National service old boys wear them with pride. WHY

3. Never said I had a problem, just seen the site and thought I would publicise it a bit more. I am eligible in 4 years just wanted to get a few opinions. So calm down my 1 Scots friend

4. As I described after my return from Edinburgh last week, it is a pulling aid of no small impact. apparently it enables birds over thirty to achieve trust...something that being a soldier never allowed me to achieve with birds under thirty!

It is also nice to be recognised as a net contributor to society rather than be herded in with the neds, chavs and nimbys who are gross drains...

5. I have seen them being worn at annual renions . Probably mainly by ex National Servicemen as they were discharged after two years service with no recognition for what they did. Many served in active service in theatres such as Malaya,Korea and Cyprus/Kenya and lost their lives.

6. You seem to imply with Your smilie and Legion jibe that veterans should have a problem with wearing one

7. Well, it sounds good to me, just seems strange that MOD have issued something which will be of benefit with no gain for them directly. :D

8. Not in the least just wanted some decent feedback. Which seems to be doing the trick. 8)

9. Got mine too if only I could remember where I put it for safe keeping.

10. I want to kiss you where you wee from.

11. Have You noticed that the kidnapped post on the Nimbys thread was removed :D

12. In answer to the thread heading - I would, and now I know where to get them from and that I am eligible I’m gona get me one and wear it – why not?

13. I have one and I wear it, with pride.