Who would make a good SoS for Defence?

Bubbles_Barker said:
tattybadger said:
rickshaw-major said:
I wouldn't have Sir Jock Strap near the post. From him, a pat on the back would be a knife recce.
Wouldn't have him as a Trolley Dolly on the Queen's flight , let alone as SoS!!
Either of you actually met him? Or are you just talking out of your collective Arrses?
If I may contribute to this particular bit. I had two years of him when he was Station Commander at Marham. He was known as 'Lord Lucan' to us bottom-feeders because he was invisible most of the time. He was a very political animal then and he spent a lot of time at Sandringham drinking tea, eating sarnys with the crusts cut off and making polite conversation. He was out of touch with the troops on the ground and in one case, during GW1, visited my section on Xmas Day whilst the guys and gals were working their b*ll*cks off to get the kit ready and all he could talk about was how he was getting the MQs roads re-curbed. Not the most inspiring of leaders, in fact, probably one of the least and not a patch on his predecessor at Marham.

And where's his predecessor now?

Just goes to show - a healthy dollop of ambition and a career of bum-licking above leadership and bob's your uncle - promotion!!

tattybadger said:

Just goes to show - a healthy dollop of ambition and a career of bum-licking above leadership and bob's your uncle - promotion!!
T'was ever thus mate. the blokes who are leaders and tell the truth rarely get promoted but bum lickers every bloody time!

tattybadger said:
GUNGA said:
Equine minge ...hmmm sounds really quite fuckable with Mrs.G being away...
Just get Bubbles to blow you - same effect.
Christ - I need to charge for it.

GUNGA said:
tattybadger said:

T'was ever thus mate. the blokes who are leaders and tell the truth rarely get promoted but bum lickers every bloody time!
What? Like Richard Dannatt? Or Mike Rose? Or Guthrie? Or even Band?

Bum lickers the lot of 'em? I don't think so.............................

Bubbles_Barker said:
tattybadger said:
GUNGA said:
Equine minge ...hmmm sounds really quite fuckable with Mrs.G being away...
Just get Bubbles to blow you - same effect.
Christ - I need to charge for it.
At last an insight into the secret world of the 'big building with the green roof'.

Bubbles_Barker said:
GUNGA said:
tattybadger said:

What? Like Richard Dannatt? Or Mike Rose? Or Guthrie? Or even Band?

Bum lickers the lot of 'em? I don't think so.............................
True - but if you've little or no talent then the insertion of a tongue into the right rectum might leave a skid mark on the nose, but it increases your pension.

baldbof said:
Bubbles_Barker said:
tattybadger said:
rickshaw-major said:
I wouldn't have Sir Jock Strap near the post. From him, a pat on the back would be a knife recce.
Wouldn't have him as a Trolley Dolly on the Queen's flight , let alone as SoS!!
Either of you actually met him? Or are you just talking out of your collective Arrses?
If I may contribute to this particular bit. I had two years of him when he was Station Commander at Marham. He was known as 'Lord Lucan' to us bottom-feeders because he was invisible most of the time. He was a very political animal then and he spent a lot of time at Sandringham drinking tea, eating sarnys with the crusts cut off and making polite conversation. He was out of touch with the troops on the ground and in one case, during GW1, visited my section on Xmas Day whilst the guys and gals were working their b*ll*cks off to get the kit ready and all he could talk about was how he was getting the MQs roads re-curbed. Not the most inspiring of leaders, in fact, probably one of the least and not a patch on his predecessor at Marham.
CHECK FIRING!. If the bold above is correct switchtarget - he is ideal material for SoS of Defence.

Just heard that Dannatt has really stirred the sh*t in Afghastlystan by using a septic helicopter to tour round with. what a masterstroke but I fear for his survival. Broon will be chewing the carpet and chucking phones around...

tattybadger said:

No where near to where Jock Strap got to. His predecessor was the in-theatre PR man at the start of GW1 who upset the armchair generals - especially the septics - by telling them to wind their necks in on how to fight that particular war. He was quickly replaced by some ex-pat Kiwi who's manner was more "acceptable" to our allies. Didn't hear of him again. As for JS, there was a bit of a stir after GW1 when all the bling went to the tonka crews and the Victor tanker boys came away with nothing - might have been something to do with JS being a FJ mate which perhaps might also go some way to explaining the 'precedence' of Typhoon over other aircraft types (sorry, bit of thread drift there).

Latest Threads