Who would be the first to deploy?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by korengal_hawk, May 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking at regiments and I wasn't sure who would be first to deploy on missions, including the Royal Marines. I would guess it would be them or the Paras but I've also heard that the Rifles and Anglians are also options....
    ...just cause I don't want to waiting around when/if I commission..

2. 49 Para go out every time , even before THEM. Mind the course is hard, well hard, I failed the first test as I can only hold my breath for 7 minutes, my lass likes it but 49 called me a puff.
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

49's the way to go you Hat!
  4. South Essex Regiment always seem to be in the thick of it
  5. Everyone knows 29 Coy WRAC were the first to get amongst it... Come on boys, get with it.
  6. Royal Signals, man up.
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

chAIRBORNE all the way, you mong. skirts is fer girls and jocks.*

* huge grovelling appologies to my wee baby brother WOII 4btn RRS. Please dont beat the shit out of me.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I would'nt worry to much about it. The defence cuts will soon mean we couldn't even deploy to the Isle of Wight!
  9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

The RAF (only cos the pilot sits in front of the plane so gets there first...)
  10. RAF Advanced Hotel Inspection Special Operations Team.

No quality accommodation, and you ******* ain't going nowhere.
  11. 531 (Mobile Laundry) Company, RLC usually go in first to get things nice and sudsy.
  12. Aren't they now called the Mines and Bombs Locating Unit?
  13. Probably. At the moment, most units seem to be at risk of being re-roled like that!
  14. Have you seen the prices on the IoW ferry? It would be cheaper to deploy to Hawaii
  15. You want to be an h'officer and this is the best question you can come up with?

Try the St John's Ambulance, they deploy every weekend.................................in fact they deploy more often than all of the STABS on ARRSE put together.

SJAB the way to go !