Who will you vote for at the General Election 7?

Who are you intending to vote for on 6 May?

  • Labour

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservatives

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BNP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greens

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Respect

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNP/PC

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unionist NI

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alliance NI

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nationalist/Republican NI

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstaining

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tactically against Conservatives

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tactically against Labour

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#1
Any changes?

This poll will be removed before polls open tomorrow morning... and then we see the real one!
 
#2
Are you going to publish some analysis of these polls?

Edited to add - no change, but then I voted last Monday ...
 

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
#3
No change for me, Tory, best out of a bad bunch!
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#4
Idrach said:
Are you going to publish some analysis of these polls?

Edited to add - no change, but then I voted last Monday ...
I don't think I'm qualified, but we'll preserve the data.

Crudely, the grubby Arrse straw polls have mirrored the trends shown by the more nuanced, professional opinion polls, in that the Lib-Dems have established themselves as credible participants in the election. Anxious as I am to slag off the BNP, I doubt their attempts to influence the Arrse straw poll have had much effect; and nor have anyone else's.

My reading of Arrse is that we are mostly 'small C' conservatives (although I'm personally a 'Big C' Conservative) and, as a result, I would expect a better showing for parties like the Conservatives, UKIP and BNP than elsewhere. Having said that, it means I do have a sneaking admiration for individuals like Whet/Sven who are prepared to stand up for their views in the face of relentless hostility.
 
#6
Have to vote tactically against Labour.

LibDem has the best chance here.

I'd vote for a fcuking Cornetto if it stops the lickspittle parachuting into the constituency due to the current incumbent 'standing down'. Something to do with expenses, I'm led to believe - anyone else heard about this?
 
#7
cpunk said:
My reading of Arrse is that we are mostly 'small C' conservatives (although I'm personally a 'Big C' Conservative) and, as a result, I would expect a better showing for parties like the Conservatives, UKIP and BNP than elsewhere. Having said that, it means I do have a sneaking admiration for individuals like Whet/Sven who are prepared to stand up for their views in the face of relentless hostility.
Do you apply the same sneaking admiration to those who support the BNP withe similar degree of oppostion and hostility?
Just curious. I find Sven's attitudes to be more offensive and prejudiced than many of those he labels as bigotted.
 
#9
cpunk said:
Having said that, it means I do have a sneaking admiration for individuals like Whet/Sven who are prepared to stand up for their views in the face of relentless hostility.
That sounds pretty feckin Liberal to me. Just another Tory walt!
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#10
jagman said:
Do you apply the same sneaking admiration to those who support the BNP withe similar degree of oppostion and hostility?
Just curious. I find Sven's attitudes to be more offensive and prejudiced than many of those he labels as bigotted.
I don't, because by and large, BNP supporters will be buoyed up by individuals like you and Stacker1 who claim not to support the BNP, but nevertheless stand up stridently for those who do, and have done for some months now. Fair enough: I can assume that you're not ignorant, window-licking racist retards, but ardent democrats keen on fair outcomes for all.

Of course, interestingly, the BNP will poll a couple of per cent tomorrow (whilst doing well in a handful of heavily targeted seats) whilst the Lib Dems will get somewhere slightly north of 25%, suggesting that, in reality for all the claims here that the BNP reflect the true wishes of a silent, brooding majority of the British population, they still just represent the extreme stupid, racist, doley fringe; and those too stupid to realise that that that is who they are voting for.

I doubt I share any political opinions with Sven/Whet, other than in our shared dislike of the BNP (and other racist groups), but I recognise that he has the courage of his convictions in coming here, day in, day out, to spout his wishy-washy Liberal drivel against attacks from across the political spectrum. Unlike BNP supporters, Sven/Whet doesn't appear to blame the ills of this country on a specific group of individuals who happen to be of a different colour, religion or ethnic background to the rest of us and, while I think he's wrong in his analysis of the problems, it doesn't strike me as being the sort of far-fetched wishful thinking that the BNP go for.
 
#11
I've been thinking long and hard about where to stick my X.. (believe it or not) and taking all matters into consideration I have decided to follow my conscience and spoil my ballot paper.

I shall not be voting for anyone... a plague on ALL their houses.... it doesnt matter who gets in... our laws will still be made in Europe and riubber stamped in London.

I refuse to take part in a sham election.
 
#12
InVinoVeritas said:
I've been thinking long and hard about where to stick my X.. (believe it or not) and taking all matters into consideration I have decided to follow my conscience and spoil my ballot paper.

I shall not be voting for anyone... a plague on ALL their houses.... it doesnt matter who gets in... our laws will still be made in Europe and riubber stamped in London.

I refuse to take part in a sham election.
Don't whinge about the result or what the subsequent gubment gets up to then.
 
#13
marco_poloroid said:
InVinoVeritas said:
I've been thinking long and hard about where to stick my X.. (believe it or not) and taking all matters into consideration I have decided to follow my conscience and spoil my ballot paper.

I shall not be voting for anyone... a plague on ALL their houses.... it doesnt matter who gets in... our laws will still be made in Europe and riubber stamped in London.

I refuse to take part in a sham election.
Don't whinge about the result or what the subsequent gubment gets up to then.
I consider the election to be dishonest and fraudulent just like the people standing for election.
 
#14
Whoever wins will have a hard job. If they can't cut the mustard then I think it's time from direct rule from Australia. They seem to know what they are doing there, and they won't muck about.
 
#15
InVinoVeritas said:
I've been thinking long and hard about where to stick my X.. (believe it or not) and taking all matters into consideration I have decided to follow my conscience and spoil my ballot paper.

I shall not be voting for anyone... a plague on ALL their houses.... it doesnt matter who gets in... our laws will still be made in Europe and riubber stamped in London.

I refuse to take part in a sham election.
Perhaps you should vote UKIP. They are none-racist and want out of Europe.
 
#16
Im' voting Tory probably for the wrong reasons- mainly to give Gordon his P45. I do not want another 5 years of Gordon Brown,Harriet Harman, the prince of darkness etc etc.
People still vote Labour because its installed in them that they cant vote Conservative. Their parents remember the Thather years and the miners...FFS this was over 20 years ago. Do people still need to bang on about the unemployment of the 1980s and the poll tax?
Labour have done a few good things, such as minimum wage and NHS improvements, but after 13 years we do need change. The bad things they have done by far outweigh the good.
A Tory vote is the only sure way of stopping Labour getting in again or a hung parliament, the Lib Dems do not have enough seats nationally to win by a majority no matter what the polls say.
And for the die hard Labour fans who keep looking at the Torys past, what about Jim Callaghans Labour government in the 1970s?
 
#17
cpunk said:
jagman said:
Do you apply the same sneaking admiration to those who support the BNP withe similar degree of oppostion and hostility?
Just curious. I find Sven's attitudes to be more offensive and prejudiced than many of those he labels as bigotted.
I don't, because by and large, BNP supporters will be buoyed up by individuals like you and Stacker1 who claim not to support the BNP, but nevertheless stand up stridently for those who do, and have done for some months now. Fair enough: I can assume that you're not ignorant, window-licking racist retards, but ardent democrats keen on fair outcomes for all.

Of course, interestingly, the BNP will poll a couple of per cent tomorrow (whilst doing well in a handful of heavily targeted seats) whilst the Lib Dems will get somewhere slightly north of 25%, suggesting that, in reality for all the claims here that the BNP reflect the true wishes of a silent, brooding majority of the British population, they still just represent the extreme stupid, racist, doley fringe; and those too stupid to realise that that that is who they are voting for.

I doubt I share any political opinions with Sven/Whet, other than in our shared dislike of the BNP (and other racist groups), but I recognise that he has the courage of his convictions in coming here, day in, day out, to spout his wishy-washy Liberal drivel against attacks from across the political spectrum. Unlike BNP supporters, Sven/Whet doesn't appear to blame the ills of this country on a specific group of individuals who happen to be of a different colour, religion or ethnic background to the rest of us and, while I think he's wrong in his analysis of the problems, it doesn't strike me as being the sort of far-fetched wishful thinking that the BNP go for.
I support the BNP's (and supporters of) democratic right to a voice and fervently believe that the only right and proper way to counter their views is with reasoned debate. I also believe the underhand methods used to try and suppress their voice is a shameful reflection on British democracy (Sven is a prime example of this behavior).
All that said, I do not support or vote for the BNP and I have said so many times. I simply support their democratic right to exist

In the end, regardless of what you, Sven or myself think of the BNP the electorate will speak tomorow. Will you take heed of the results, good or bad? I view it as a reflection of UK society today and something to be addressed, suppresion is not going to solve anything.

You are wrong about Sven (and his kind), he does not seek to apportion blame on race grounds but he does seek to dole out blame on the "bigots" (a specific group)
His prejudice blinds him to reason, just as the BNP's prejudice blinds them.

I believe in democracy, despite its faults, and that means democracy for all(perhaps with reservations about the newly arrived in the UK who should not be eligible to vote) regardless of whether I consider their opinions distateful or misguided.
The intent and desire to suppress the opinons of the BNP are a far greater threat to our democracy than the BNP will ever be.

I do find it curious that you support the rights of the Sven's of this world but would deny those same rights to BNP supporters.
I find both the LibDem's and the BNP equally as distateful but support the right of both to exist.
 
#18
Already voted - for the Lib Dems in a very safe Tory seat and I shan't be too rueful if the Tory gets in - she seems very capable.

Arrse has been fascinating in the last few weeks and I agree it is (largely) thinking-small-c in membership, with the occasional idiot fringe. I for example grudgingly support the BNP's right to expose themselves as poisonous and bigoted scumbags but gnash my teeth when they do so. I hope that obscurity beckons and they go bankrupt.

I'm slightly contra to arrse received wisdom; broadly pro-EU, happy with an SDR that seriously considers the future of Trident, happy with electoral reform and frankly of the belief that deep cuts will be required across the public sector and we'd better start talking in those terms. Interestingly I now belong to a large global corporation in which that is a common view amongst the Brits.

Can't say I'm too worried about the prospects of a hung parliament either, except that it can give undue power to idiots like the Ulster Unionists, etc. So - prediction time - Tory win, but not outright. So a Gov't of national unity will emerge with the Lib Dems. Question is, how long will it take to prise Brown out of No. 10?
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#20
jagman said:
I do find it curious that you support the rights of the Sven's of this world but would deny those same rights to BNP supporters.
I think you misunderstand me: I don't deny the right of BNP supporters to think and vote the way they do, but I do reserve my right to regard them as despicable for doing so and exercise my long-cherished right as a British citizen to jeer at and belittle the hideous, racist maggots.

No doubt an ardent Nazi would think that my non-race based political outlook is wrong, misguided and woolly headed, to which I would respond: fuck off. My 'Give-a-Fuck-o-Meter' isn't even twitching.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top