Who will you vote for at the General Election 7?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, May 5, 2010.

?
  1. Labour

7.5%
  2. Conservatives

54.1%
  3. Lib Dems

11.3%
  4. BNP

11.3%
  5. UKIP

7.5%
  6. Greens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Respect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. SNP/PC

3.0%
  9. Unionist NI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Alliance NI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nationalist/Republican NI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Abstaining

1.5%
  14. Tactically against Conservatives

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Tactically against Labour

3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Any changes?

This poll will be removed before polls open tomorrow morning... and then we see the real one!

2. Are you going to publish some analysis of these polls?

Edited to add - no change, but then I voted last Monday ...

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No change for me, Tory, best out of a bad bunch!

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I don't think I'm qualified, but we'll preserve the data.

Crudely, the grubby Arrse straw polls have mirrored the trends shown by the more nuanced, professional opinion polls, in that the Lib-Dems have established themselves as credible participants in the election. Anxious as I am to slag off the BNP, I doubt their attempts to influence the Arrse straw poll have had much effect; and nor have anyone else's.

My reading of Arrse is that we are mostly 'small C' conservatives (although I'm personally a 'Big C' Conservative) and, as a result, I would expect a better showing for parties like the Conservatives, UKIP and BNP than elsewhere. Having said that, it means I do have a sneaking admiration for individuals like Whet/Sven who are prepared to stand up for their views in the face of relentless hostility.

5. Still sticking with the Lib Dems.

6. Have to vote tactically against Labour.

LibDem has the best chance here.

I'd vote for a fcuking Cornetto if it stops the lickspittle parachuting into the constituency due to the current incumbent 'standing down'. Something to do with expenses, I'm led to believe - anyone else heard about this?

7. Do you apply the same sneaking admiration to those who support the BNP withe similar degree of oppostion and hostility?
    Just curious. I find Sven's attitudes to be more offensive and prejudiced than many of those he labels as bigotted.

8. Already voted, whether the post will carry it back in time to count is another matter.

9. That sounds pretty feckin Liberal to me. Just another Tory walt!

10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I don't, because by and large, BNP supporters will be buoyed up by individuals like you and Stacker1 who claim not to support the BNP, but nevertheless stand up stridently for those who do, and have done for some months now. Fair enough: I can assume that you're not ignorant, window-licking racist retards, but ardent democrats keen on fair outcomes for all.

Of course, interestingly, the BNP will poll a couple of per cent tomorrow (whilst doing well in a handful of heavily targeted seats) whilst the Lib Dems will get somewhere slightly north of 25%, suggesting that, in reality for all the claims here that the BNP reflect the true wishes of a silent, brooding majority of the British population, they still just represent the extreme stupid, racist, doley fringe; and those too stupid to realise that that that is who they are voting for.

I doubt I share any political opinions with Sven/Whet, other than in our shared dislike of the BNP (and other racist groups), but I recognise that he has the courage of his convictions in coming here, day in, day out, to spout his wishy-washy Liberal drivel against attacks from across the political spectrum. Unlike BNP supporters, Sven/Whet doesn't appear to blame the ills of this country on a specific group of individuals who happen to be of a different colour, religion or ethnic background to the rest of us and, while I think he's wrong in his analysis of the problems, it doesn't strike me as being the sort of far-fetched wishful thinking that the BNP go for.

11. I've been thinking long and hard about where to stick my X.. (believe it or not) and taking all matters into consideration I have decided to follow my conscience and spoil my ballot paper.

I shall not be voting for anyone... a plague on ALL their houses.... it doesnt matter who gets in... our laws will still be made in Europe and riubber stamped in London.

I refuse to take part in a sham election.

12. Don't whinge about the result or what the subsequent gubment gets up to then.

13. I consider the election to be dishonest and fraudulent just like the people standing for election.

14. Whoever wins will have a hard job. If they can't cut the mustard then I think it's time from direct rule from Australia. They seem to know what they are doing there, and they won't muck about.

15. Perhaps you should vote UKIP. They are none-racist and want out of Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.