Who will you vote for at the General Election 6?

Who are you intending to vote for on 6 May?

• Labour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservatives

• Lib Dems

• BNP

• UKIP

• Green

• Respect

• SNP/PC

• Unionist NI

• Alliance NI

• Nationalist/Republican NI

• Others

• Abstaining

• Tactically against Labour

• Tactically against Conservatives

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
There is no clear favourite in my view, but I must take exception to the recently emerged Labour policy of verbal pensioner abuse.

Half of Clegg's policies just seem to be an inane regurgitation of the fact he is neithe Brown nor Cameron.

Brown is asking the electorate to trust him. HAHAHAHA

So I've gone for Cameron as he at least has some policies I agree with.

blonde_guy said:
Half of Clegg's policies just seem to be an inane regurgitation of the fact he is neithe Brown nor Cameron.

Grow up mate,do you really think He,ll do as He says? The bloke is a bullsh1tter...If He gets in you,ll be very dissapointed within a year!

Bamber(Phil) said:
blonde_guy said:

Grow up mate,do you really think He,ll do as He says? The bloke is a bullsh1tter...If He gets in you,ll be very dissapointed within a year!
But of course Clegg & Brown are so much more trustworthy?

Actually, I voted on Monday, by post. Same as previous polls - SNP, tactically against Labour.

Porridge_gun said:
Cameron is full of p1ss and wind

If he can't win by a landslide when the government of the day is so unpopular then he doesn't deserve the job
I'll admit, politics is not my strongest area - but I would hazard a guess that if Cameron doesn't win by a landslide, it's not down to him being undeserving. Consider that this GE comes at a time with record number of people on the social, as well as 13 years of people saying "I want to work, but I'll be better off on benefits". I would imagine there are plenty of people out there now relying on benefits, who will be voting for the party most likely to keep them. Money talks - merit walks.

JesterRIP said:
Porridge_gun said:
Cameron is full of p1ss and wind

If he can't win by a landslide when the government of the day is so unpopular then he doesn't deserve the job
I'll admit, politics is not my strongest area - but I would hazard a guess that if Cameron doesn't win by a landslide, it's not down to him being undeserving. Consider that this GE comes at a time with record number of people on the social, as well as 13 years of people saying "I want to work, but I'll be better off on benefits". I would imagine there are plenty of people out there now relying on benefits, who will be voting for the party most likely to keep them. Money talks - merit walks.
Due to Labour's constituency changes it would take a miracle for the Tories to win by a landslide. If the 1979 election results were repeated (MT got an overall majority of 46 then), Cameron would have a majority of just 2 seats. He needs at least 45% of the poll to do it. Labour on the other hand only need 37% to get an overall majority - that's fair then.

Here's another thing to consider ....

A US economist has claimed that the governor of the Bank of England told him "tough" budgetary measures would be necessary in the UK.

David Hale said Governor Mervyn King had said the measures would keep whoever wins the next election "out of power for a whole generation".
So, does anybody really want their favourite to win? The common concensus here seems to be in favour of the Conservatives winning this election.

But is that such a wise thing if they'll be voted out at the following election only to be replaced by NuNuLiebour/LimpDems for another multiple term to destroy all the good work all over again? Maybe it would be best to let Gordon's gang of lily-livered, left-wing liberal social experimenters retain 'power', to then bring in severe austerity measures which will make them enemies in even their deepest entrenched brainwashed enclaves. They may just bring the economy (just) under control and then be voted out at the subsequent election for an entire generation so that a party with genuine concern for the state of this once-great nation can take the helm and restore some order to the chaos.

Hopefully, by then the millions of economic migrants (many disguised as aslyum sekers) won't see us as a soft touch and Britain will no longer be attractive to them.

OK, I know I'm living in cloud cuckoo land, but I think this is a dimension to the problem many people possibly haven't considered.

cpunk

LE
CrashTestDummy said:
A US economist has claimed that the governor of the Bank of England told him "tough" budgetary measures would be necessary in the UK.

David Hale said Governor Mervyn King had said the measures would keep whoever wins the next election "out of power for a whole generation".
So, does anybody really want their favourite to win? The common concensus here seems to be in favour of the Conservatives winning this election.

But is that such a wise thing if they'll be voted out at the following election only to be replaced by NuNuLiebour/LimpDems for another multiple term to destroy all the good work all over again? Maybe it would be best to let Gordon's gang of lily-livered, left-wing liberal social experimenters retain 'power', to then bring in severe austerity measures which will make them enemies in even their deepest entrenched brainwashed enclaves...

Etc etc
My suspicion is that if the Tories win, Lib Dems come second and Labour third in vote share but that the numbers of seats are in a different order, then some degree of electoral reform will be inevitable and Mervin King will turn out to be wrong. It's also worth recalling the situation in 79-82 when Mrs Thatcher's austerity measures were really biting; along came Galtieri and his galloping Gauchos and changed the whole political landscape, leading to a landslide Tory victory in 83. That kind of situation is completely unpredictable and may change everything.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Personally I'm hoping for a hung parliament, with a lib-lab pact and a Tory reassessment of their glorious leader. Then a collapsed govt in 6 months, a new election and a Tory win with either Boris or Hague in charge

Any realistic correlation of "who would you vote for" and potential seats in Parliament is doubtful, unless the polls really were taken from huge numbers of voters across all types of constituency.

There will be rock-solid Labour seats, and rock-solid Tory ones, and even a few LibDem ones as well. The REAL interest is going to be what happens in the marginals, and whether core voters actually turn out and do what they say they will.

The hard-core Tories [over 50?] will all be there on the day.
LibDems might turn out, seeing their chance [again].
But I suspect, for all their bluster, that a vast swathe of 'loyal Labour' simply won't bother to try and prop up this stained Government - remember that they have suffered too.

If I were a betting man, I would flutter a few £ on Labour losing considerably more votes than the polls imply. And the LibDems not winning as many seats as they might like to think.

[I don't bet anymore, as I'm notoriously bad at picking winners!]

I can't vote as I've recently moved and apparantly my change of address wasn't registered in time, but I would have been voting Lib Dem as they are the best for my local area.

I'm aware that on a national scale I might as well have been throwing my vote away but until we get a similar system to the US where you can enter separate votes for local and national (presidential) candidates, I will always vote for whatever's best for my local area. As there's very little chance of that ever being Labour, I guess that's alright then! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.