Who will you vote for at the General Election 5?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Labour

2. Conservatives

3. Lib Dems

4. BNP

5. UKIP

6. Green

7. Respect

0 vote(s)
  8. SNP/PC

9. Unionist NI

10. Alliance NI

0 vote(s)
  11. Nationalist/Republican NI

0 vote(s)
  12. Others

13. Abstaining

14. Tactically against Labour

15. Tactically against Conservatives

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Time for another straw poll. Anyone changed their opinion since the debate: if so why?

I'm adding a couple of additional options for those intending to vote tactically.

24 hours only as before.
  2. Still Tory. Liking the idea of cutting benefits for those that reject a reasonable job offer.
  3. Still undecided but could be a tactical one
  4. Not that I'll be getting to vote, but made my mind up for the Tories after his rant about benefit cheats. Was considering UKIP etc but can't face the thought that it would allow labour in by the back door. Lib Dems not coming out with anything of substance and Labour are just , .......Labour really!

Can't get my head around how our system actually works. Labour can come third and still win????? WTF - that needs sorting but I'd rather that the Lib Dems didn't do it!!!

I still reckon it will be a low turnout

This gives a good interpretation of how desperate Brown is!!!!!

BBC.co.uk/brown /clegg/upatree/kissing
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Still SNP and I can't see any of the other parties tempting me away from that.

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Fascinating. A little knot of BNP votes arriving simultaneously. Could this be the fabled BNP internet Abteilung?
  7. Still inclined toward UKIP but the Conservatives are pushing fairly hard here and it is just possible they might take the seat from Labour.
    On that basis I am considering voting tactically in the Conservatives favour, desit ethe fact I don't like Cameron and consider him weak on many of the things that are important to me. Not sure I want to vote for him on the basis of him being weak in the wake of the Lisbon Treaty
  8. Why no choice for the MRLP?

How is MDN otherwise going to register his voting intention?
  9. At least we know Gren has logged-on today!
  10. Not for me to say as I don't live in Scotland but I dislike Slamond with a passion second only to Brown.
    I am a great believer in the Union and I do not wish to see an end to the United Kingdom.
  11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I always imagine that Gren spends most of his days sitting outdoors on a bench with a 2 litre bottle of Strongbow. Do they have wifi in public parks?
  12. Now that's a shame, because I will most likely be voting SNP too, not just because Wee Eck has done a far better job than his Labour predecessors, and shown that a pragmatic party can rule without a majority, but also because in my constituency they have the best chance of unseating Mr Brown.

I have always wondered what really motivates great believers in the Union south of the border, is it an overwhelming desire to be nice to us poor unfotunates, or is it because if we left you would have no one to moan about or is just because we represent the last little bit of empire that you may be able to cling onto?
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Would that comment not also apply to Lib/Dem? While they might posture about policies, if either Tory or Labour asked Libs to join them in government you would be blinded by the speed at which they move.

At least SNP are honest in that their aim is an Independant Scotland (not necessarily the view of all SNP supporters), plus Salmond talks about a balanced parliament rather than hung. Hung means constant fighting for position, balanced means working with other parties to try and get policies through so that government can govern. He does it quite well in Scotland at the moment IMO.
  14. Clegg is getting a bit of a grilling at the moment - on radio 1 of all places!
  15. I'm with Auld yin and I think it is democratic as they are getting what their voters want what is undemocratic about that? Forget the Independence thing which will not happen in my life time the SNP are at least trying to improve my lot and not treating me as a loss leader like most other parties seem to have done in
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.