Who will you vote for at the General Election 4?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Labour

2. Conservatives

3. Lib Dems

4. BNP

5. UKIP

6. Green

7. Respect

8. SNP/PC

9. Unionist NI

10. Alliance NI

11. Nationalist/Republican NI

0 vote(s)
  12. Others

0 vote(s)
  13. Abstaining

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Time for Arrse's weekly opinion poll. Who will you be voting for on 6 May?

Has anything that has happened in the campaign so far swayed you or caused you to think again? Are the parties addressing the interests of soldiers?

Answers below please.

This poll will run for 24 hours only.
  2. Should there be a "spoiling ballot" option.

I know an individual who intends to scrawl "you're all thieving b@stards" on his.

Edited to add that he may use a stronger term than b@stards
  3. Anyone who vote's for Nuews Arbeits and Auld Gimlet Exx sincerely needs to see a Counsellor about their life-choices...... No Names..... :cyclopsani: :cyclops: :cyclopsani:
  4. I was going to vote Tory, and probably stil will, but I am beginning to seriously doubt their
    ability to govern.
    Cameron et al are aiming at a sitting target with an idefensible record led by low calibre pygmies and yet he still can't finish them off.

With all the ammunition at his disposal Con and NLab are still dancing on the head of the same pin wibbling about
    where a poxy 6bn is to come from and which businessman last wrote to a newspaper.

Mrs T would have eaten them all for breakfast by now, done the washing up and be finishing off the crossword while wondering what
    to do for the rest of the day.

The modern Tories seem to be made from cheese and feathers rather than British steel.
  5. Voting BNP I think, as a protest but I like sandy_boots idea so may go for that on the day.
  6. Still not sure, I don't trust any of the main 3 to do anything other than fill their own pockets. The rest couldn't manage a challenge to worry them though.

At the moment UKIP or local independent will get the vote.
  7. When casting our votes we must all remember one undeniable and indisputable fact. There is only one party which is capable of forming the next Government, the Conservatives. A vote for any of the other minority parties, however well intentioned or sincerely held the belief, is in the effect a vote for Gordon Brown and New Labour. It really is that simple.
    Now, if you think the BNP have all the answers then frankly, I can only wonder what questions you're asking :? .
    I must admit UKIP have a certain attraction for me and were I a voter in Buckingham then I would unhesitatingly lend my vote to Nigel Farage in order to get that appalling little tic, "Squeaker" Bercow :x (and his equally appalling uber-slapper of a wife :x :x ) out of the H of C and off our TV screens forever more.
    If the EU and all it's works are your hobby-horse then it's worth remembering that an estimated 72% of Conservative PPC's hold strongly Eurosceptic views and that they will therefore have a powerful voice in the Party and Parliament in the event of a Tory victory. It will be the most Eurosceptic Government since 1940! :lol: :lol:
  8. Who is that bloke who always stands next to Vince Cable? :lol:
  9. Cpunk, PM sent
  10. I do deny this and I do dispute it. Confused, malleable, cosmetic, too Eurosceptic and IMHO, still the Nasty Party.

Perhaps - but maybe a hung parliament might be a useful tonic for our political system for a while?

I totally agree - I think that a great many sentient people will find that they deeply regret a BNP vote being on their conscience in the future.
  11. Even if they have no chance of winning that seat, let alone come 4th?
  12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

What Jeager said ... a protest vote is a wasted vote.

Nobody, in ANY Party, is interested on what you are protesting about, only about getting you write the letter X in the right spot on the ballot paper.

You make your 'protest', you feel smug and clever, but NOBODY else will know who/how/when/why. If you are really unlucky, you might even end up with a minority party MP, who will have absolutely NO influence in Westminster at all ... and YOU will thus be unrepresented until the next Election.

The fact remains that ONLY the 3 Major Parties have the faintest prospect of digging the country out of the sh1t Labour have dropped it in. In fact, IMO, regardless of its obvious faults, there is only ONE option. ;-)

[OK, I might have made an exception to dispose of Bercow down the nearest toilet]
  13. I would rather vote for the "Nasty party" which might actually reward success, than for the "Nice Party" which allows millions to come into the country so they will vote for it, and gives away billions on Benefits and Single mothers!

Ever heard the phrase, "sometimes you have to be nasty to be nice"?

Great, except Gordon gets first dibs on being Prime Minister. Can you really see him forming a cabinet with the Lib Dems (Who he hates) or the Tories (who he hates even more). Meanwhile, the country continues to go down the pan!
  14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

A nightmare scenario, IMO.

It won't be a 'tonic', it will be chaotic in-fighting, time-wasting and posturing.

Exactly what the Nation doesn't need at the moment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.