Who will you vote for at the General Election 2?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Labour

2. Conservatives

3. Lib Dems

4. BNP

5. UKIP

6. Greens

7. Respect

0 vote(s)
  8. SNP/PC

9. Others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Time for another time limited poll to gauge Arrse opinion and see whether there have been any seismic shifts in Arrsers opinions. This one will run for 48 hrs only.
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Just noticed that the poll is "who for?" not "How?", otherwise the answer would be "early & often".
  3. 40% vote for BNP? 8O

People can't be serious :? Could you imagine Nick Griff in No 10.. He'd be no doubt the first UK PM to ever be assassinated!
  4. As much as I dislike putting down and slagging off who people choose to vote for I will say this: it is clear that the 37% voting BNP are dicks who want to re-read MATT 6 then have a word with themselves.
  5. Apart from Spencer Perceval...
  6. The Honourable Spencer PERCEVAL, 11 May 1812. The only British PM ever assassinated.

So there is a precedent.
  7. Really? They missed that off the teaching list in school then. How did he die :?
  8. I don't know what surprises me more, the fact that 40% say they'll vote BNP, a wasted vote for a collection of weirdos none of whom could be trusted to run a Crazy Golf course never mind the country, or the fact that there are still 3% who intend voting Labour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tell me, other than the immigration thing, what else is there in the BNP manifesto that appeals to you?

As for the 3% intending to vote Labour, a question, just what exactly, would Labour have to do for you NOT to vote for them? I mean, what't left to f*ck up?
  9. Single round through the heart as he was coming out of the House of Commons, fired by John Bellingham who immediately gave himself up and was later hanged.
  10. Green at the moment. I just can't bring myself to contemplate voting Tory - not this miserable bunch of cosmetic deadbeats. If we wind up with a hung Parliament then so be it.

Depending on how much of my soul I contemplate cashing in I might do an impulse vote for the Limp Dems...
  11. Lib Dem.
  12. Well blow me, everyday's a schoolday. Can't we vote GB in again and have a bi-centenary event in 2012?
  13. PRC, you are under the misguided idea that this hallowed site is only subscribed to by serving members of the Forces. As far as I can recollect, MATTS have nothing to do with the amount of ex serving and civvies on the site, even those that have voted for the BNP in the above poll.
  14. The Three Chancellors..... on ITV Channel 4...

(a) they all had sensible things to tell us, even Alistair Darling.
    (b) Vince Cable was the more realistic of all three.
    (b) George Osborne also had sensible things, but was outmanouvered by both Darling and Cable in my opinion.

My worst fear is that if a Labour Gubmunt gets back in. Mr Darling will be dumped by Brown, and the Psuedo-Marxists will take hold. Thirteen years of Labour numptyness and incompetence will be repeated... and Stealth Taxes will be the Order of The Day. (ID Cards, Various Databases which we will all have to pay for, Tax the Air We Breathe, Tax on the View from your Homes... and many more).

The Torys in government will have to 'hit the ground running' and bring in fair, practicle and workable Tax regimes that work. Goerge Osbourne still looks like a 'Wet Blanket', so he will have to 'Learn His Trade' as Chancellor very quickly, and not repeat the mistakes that Gordon Brown made over 10 years.

A re-elected Labour government under Brown (or his successor), will not change that much. They appear to be incapable of doing so. Incompetence is in their Political DNA - it will be "More of the Same!"

So, not much choice....... :?
  15. Lib dem but only because my local tory is a cnut and my area is pretty evenly split.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.