Who will you vote at the European elections?

Who will you vote at the European elections?

• Farage

Votes: 98 67.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tories

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • SNP

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • UKIP

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Others

Votes: 17 11.6%

• Total voters
Politicians have delayed Brexit for so long that we'll probably be voting for the European elections. Who will you vote for?
For the UK to hold European elections would require an extension to Article 50 beyond the end of June. TM is unlikely to seek such an extension and IMO the EU member states are unlikely to grant it.

There's also the tiny little problem that the UK no longer has any seats in the European Parliament to elect people to.

For the UK to hold European elections would require an extension to Article 50 beyond the end of June. TM is unlikely to seek such an extension and IMO the EU member states are unlikely to grant it.

There's also the tiny little problem that the UK no longer has any seats in the European Parliament to elect people to.
So no deal? I doubt the government would choose a no deal Brexit because they delayed it for this long. If they were open to a no deal Brexit they would have declared it already.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Another political thread. :pissedoff::pissedoff:
Put this in the naafi and I’ll tell you where to put this thread along with my vote.

So no deal? I doubt the government would choose a no deal Brexit because they delayed it for this long. If they were open to a no deal Brexit they would have declared it already.
The British government couldn't agree the day of the week at the moment.

There are about 40 threads on Brexit and I usually avoid them as they are just echo chambers. This one is going the same road I assume.

Why would that be, I didn't hear you moaning about the last referendum? Surely by your logic the 1975 one should have been the end of the matter?
Joe Public thought they had voted to remain in an economic community.
That would have been the end of the matter.

But we was conned .

Another delay. The only way to exit the EU is a No Deal but the government doesn't have the balls to declare a No Deal Brexit. I think the UK will stay in the EU.

DUP again.

Another delay. The only way to exit the EU is a No Deal but the government doesn't have the balls to declare a No Deal Brexit. I think the UK will stay in the EU.
Agreed, and have done for sometime. The dominoes are falling in a well laid plot to wreck Brexit. At least we have enough material for conspiracy books for the next 100 years.

Listening to the debates it has shown up the poor quality of Westminster MP's just hope memories are good enough by the next GE and we have a great cull, across the parties. A buch of stooges and self serving lackeys of Brux.

Tories may disappear from the political scene. I wonder if Farage can take all their votes in General elections as well with the Brexit point.

I'm surprised people are still falling for Farage's act. He's as much of a career politician as those in the HoCs, with no desire to be anything other than someone doing what will enrich himself, no matter the contradictory nature of his words.

He's doing well out of it though, so there is that to be admired I suppose.

I don't particularly subscribe to all MPs as being self serving etc, as there are still constituencies that voted Remain, so their MPs are actually doing what their constituents wanted. Same goes for some Leave MPs in Leave constituencies. Though many are showing themselves to be unworthy of being an MP

anglo

LE
When the majority voted leave, all the MPs should have done what the majority wanted,
they are a frecking disgrace the lot of them, they all want booting out
a pox on the HOC and the HOL

When the majority voted leave, all the MPs should have done what the majority wanted,
they are a frecking disgrace the lot of them, they all want booting out
a pox on the HOC and the HOL
By your reasoning then, remain constituencies should have an MP that goes against their express wishes in a referendum, in order to support the express wishes of constituents they don't represent, who didn't vote them into Parliament.

Yet you aren't happy that there are MPs from leave constituencies are doing just that?

If they had all gone with what their constituents voted for, then there wouldn't be the deadlock that is currently occurring , and Brexit would have happened yesterday.

anglo

LE
By your reasoning then, remain constituencies should have an MP that goes against their express wishes in a referendum, in order to support the express wishes of constituents they don't represent, who didn't vote them into Parliament.

Yet you aren't happy that there are MPs from leave constituencies are doing just that?

If they had all gone with what their constituents voted for, then there wouldn't be the deadlock that is currently occurring , and Brexit would have happened yesterday.
In our system the majority vote counts [in a referendum] or what is the point of having a referendum
Motion carried or not, what ever the outcome who are the MPS to over turn the peoples vote
Unless you have a different idea how system the works ?

Last edited:
In our system the majority vote counts or what is the point of having a referendum
Motion carried or not, what ever the outcome who are the MPS to over turn the peoples vote
Unless you have a different idea how system the works ?
Had the majority of the MPs whose constituencies voted leave, actually gone along with that, then Brexit would've happened, regardless of the other MPs who also stuck to what their constituents had voted for....

You can't have it both ways. You either want MPs to do as their constituents voted for. Or one side needs to ignore their wishes.

Edit to add: The Parliamentary system needs a major overhaul. The UK needs to decide whether it wants future MPs to be representatives still, or make them delegates.

Last edited:

anglo

LE
Had the majority of the MPs whose constituencies voted leave, actually gone along with that, then Brexit would've happened, regardless of the other MPs who also stuck to what their constituents had voted for....

You can't have it both ways. You either want MPs to do as their constituents voted for. Or one side needs to ignore their wishes.
The votes in a referendum are the whole country and that.s how they are counted not by constituently,
The MPs should stay neutral and carry out the results of the referendum
A lot of the MPs don't want to leave, it's got freck all to do with the way their constituents voted

If you won't to learn out a referendum is run properly have a google on Switzerland
often the people vote again their MPs but the MPs still carry out the result

The votes in a referendum are the whole country and that.s how they are counted not by constituently,
The MPs should stay neutral and carry out the results of the referendum
A lot of the MPs don't want to leave, it's got freck all to do with the way their constituents voted

If you won't to learn out a referendum is run properly have a google on Switzerland
often the people vote again their MPs but the MPs still carry out the result
As I said. The UK system at the moment is a representative one, not a delegate system, so MPs are not obliged to follow the vote. Especially one that wasn't legally binding.

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't honour a result. My point is, the sweeping statements made about them, totally ignores the fact that are those that are actually doing what their constituents voted for, so can't be accused of being self serving in that way.

You either want MPs to do what their constituents vote for, or you want them to ignore them and go along with what someone else's constituents wanted.

This whole debacle has shown how the general public has allowed itself to be so utterly removed from how Parliament works, that it has become a genuine shock to many that the system is how it is. Of course that comes down to Parliament being quite happy to allow that to happen, so that it can continue in the outdated way it has been for the benefit of those who enter into it.

I know about Switzerland and their referenda. Switzerland has a completely different parliamentary system (semi-direct democracy), compared to the UK's.

Last edited:

Latest Threads