Who will be left standing when the Afghan war ends?

#21
The_Terrible_Twins said:
callum13 said:
redgrain said:
I am betting it will be the Taliban who ultimately, and unfortunately, prevail.
Your abit Pro Islam infidel zionist wnakers tonight arnt you. :lol: :D

as the saying goes England Prevails! , We will eventually get it sorted, all we need to do is say we are going to leave once the taliban and militiant forces stop attacking and fund the new goverment and occasionally check and keep a few "advisors" around, In my opinion its the only way it is going to work. We cant beat these cowards using warfare no matter how good we are. I guess im trying to say It comes down to diplomacy on who is going to "win"

Cal

Really we did'nt prevail the last tried it on in Afghanistan in the 1800's we got hammered except for one man they left alive or don't you know your history Cal and at the time we had the Empire and controlled most of the world.
Same story with the Russians and they had unlimited manpower.
Can't see us winning this time either and thats not being pro Taliban wnaker .......just realistic
Seconded. The Ivans were playing under much looser ROE as well, and still got butt-fcuked. :evil:

To quote Garth Ennis:

"As I packed, I thought about the place. About what the British learned on the North West Frontier, and the Russians learned a century after them.

You go to war in Afghanistan...and everybody dies."
 
#22
heard_it_all_before said:
Shoot me down in flames if I am wrong. But I think that history shows that 'No One' has ever been victorious in Afghanistan.
Alexander the Great?
 
#23
FrankCastle said:
heard_it_all_before said:
Shoot me down in flames if I am wrong. But I think that history shows that 'No One' has ever been victorious in Afghanistan.
Alexander the Great?
As far as I can untangle its history, Afghanistan (more or less as we know it) was created in mid-18-th century. Prior to that, it was just a congregation of various tribal alliances.
Interestingly, until the 19-th c. only Pashtun lands were referred to as Afghanistan, while the country was called Kabulistan.
 
#24
Domovoy said:
FrankCastle said:
heard_it_all_before said:
Shoot me down in flames if I am wrong. But I think that history shows that 'No One' has ever been victorious in Afghanistan.
Alexander the Great?
As far as I can untangle its history, Afghanistan (more or less as we know it) was created in mid-18-th century. Prior to that, it was just a congregation of various tribal alliances.
Interestingly, until the 19-th c. only Pashtun lands were referred to as Afghanistan, while the country was called Kabulistan.
According to Wiki, Alexander campaigned throughout what is now called Afghanistan, and founded Khandahar.

Since Alexander was never defeated in battle, it is fair to assume that he gave the Afghans, whatever they were called at that time, a shoeing.

I seem to recall watching a documentary on Afghanistan(pre-WOT). IIRC, it was mentioned that the Afghans still regard Alexander as a demon in human form... 8O
 
#25
FrankCastle said:
Domovoy said:
FrankCastle said:
heard_it_all_before said:
Shoot me down in flames if I am wrong. But I think that history shows that 'No One' has ever been victorious in Afghanistan.
Alexander the Great?
As far as I can untangle its history, Afghanistan (more or less as we know it) was created in mid-18-th century. Prior to that, it was just a congregation of various tribal alliances.
Interestingly, until the 19-th c. only Pashtun lands were referred to as Afghanistan, while the country was called Kabulistan.
According to Wiki, Alexander campaigned throughout what is now called Afghanistan, and founded Khandahar.

Since Alexander was never defeated in battle, it is fair to assume that he gave the Afghans, whatever they were called at that time, a shoeing.

I seem to recall watching a documentary on Afghanistan(pre-WOT). IIRC, it was mentioned that the Afghans still regard Alexander as a demon in human form... 8O
Serves to show what long memories they have. :)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top