Who, what, & when are these webbing bits from, please?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by archaeologist, Mar 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,
    This is my first post on Arrse, so please forgive my Pignorance and be gentle with me- I'm just a civvy who caught a kit-fetish as a cadet!:blush:

Can anyone provide any further info on these three items (who used 'em, for what, and when?):

1) map case(?(HALO/HAHO?)) made by Irvin (parachute manufacturer) marked:
    "D.L. No. IAC-C15715 Issue A
    NSN. 5820-99-5735075
    Date of Manuf. -6 Apr 1999"

2) Flare kit bag. markings as per photo.

3) 58'patt bandolier thingy (Artillery/ demo's?), marked (hard to read-numbers might be misread):
    "Belt Primer
    1025-419-1961-6887
    AME 1987 4
    ?10/78494?234"

Any help would be appreciated,:?
    cheers,
    Jim.

Attached Files:

2. top one prob does what it says. HAHO/HALO is a form of high alt parachuting. HAHO is a bit like paragliding... outof a plane. SO a map fixed to your arm/front etc somewhere visible during flight/fall is probabably valuable.

L87A1 is a fuse to my knowledge, so prob contained fuzes for illumination shells.

The bandolier contains the primers, little cartridges that set off the main bag charge in a gun (ie 105, 155mm calibre).

3. 1) map case made by Irvin (parachute manufacturer) marked:
    NSN. 5820-99-5735075

I believe its the document pouch from a RT346 carrying bag.

The RT346 is a UHF Ground to Air radio issued from '99 or so.

4. thats what it looks like to me as well

5. The OP was speculating as to it being for HAHO/HALO, as it wasn't included in his description marked with quotations:

1) map case(?(HALO/HAHO?)) made by Irvin (parachute manufacturer) marked:

NSN. 5820-99-5735075

And because it looks to be 14cm long and wide you'd have a job attaching it to an arm or a leg in such a way that it would both stay on at 120+mph (velcro and button poppers???) and then be readable under canopy.

6. Thanks to everyone for the info:thumright:

Jungelism, you are spot-on, it was just a geuss based on Irvin- it is actually 36x28cm, so I had my doubts but i've only ever parascended and don't know jack, so thanks again.
    jim.

7. Oh, Well I didn't know what it was so was speculating from the description. :D