Who were the hardest Bn/Regt/Unit in a NAAFI Bar Fight?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Airfix, Dec 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the 'Less than flatering Regt nicknames thread I was reminded of the the Royal Higland Fusiliers - RHF - Royal Hooligan Force!

Now there was a body of men you wouldn't pick a fight with in a German Bar for sure, even with superior numbers, and it got me thinking, who was the 'hardest', back in the good old days of BAOR and in more recent times.

Rockapes need not apply... :twisted:

Over to you (no individual names, please, charges could still be pressed.... :roll: )
  2. There was the Royal Irish who were involved (ahem responsible) for the tidworth riots.

And the RHF which ive got to mention the Cambridge Gypo Riot, The Channel ferry incident, and the Flight home incident.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Riots? In Tidders? You mean the place didn't always look like a run-down shoite hole in the 80s/90s.... :roll:
  4. oh no it was still a shoite hole
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I heard that the Cameronians had an "interesting" time in Germany in the early 60's.

They also get a mention from George Macdonald Fraser in Quartered Safely Out Here for assisting other soldiers/airmen in handing over their cash.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

£2 million pound worth of improvments

Seem to remember the Irish Rangers and UDR tearing Mulligans in Limassoll apart about '93 whnen it was out of bounds and allegadly an IRA pub.

P.S I know you said BAOR just thought I would add that :wink:
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. A former CGS was the CO at the time of said improvements at tidworth, it clearly had an effect on his career
  8. Ah my grandad's regt and the ONLY one that chose to disband rather than amalgermate!

Family friends that served with them said they always had two razors, safety for shaving, cut-throat for pleasure... it was the 'custom' in Lanarkshire and glasgow at the time I recall... :roll:
  9. i seem to recall the fijian element of 1 RS smashing a place up on the limavady rd a few yrs back.

Apparently the night before one of their number had dished out some good old fijian domestic discipline to his missus much to the chargrin of the locals who thought they'd teach him a lesson. Cue the next night when the fujees returned on mass to seek retribution...

...may just be b0ll0cks though!!!
  10. No probs old chap, some peeps had to fight the cold war from the flesh pots of Ayia Napa while the rest of us kept the Commie 3rd Shock Army at bay by the IGB... :x
  11. I remember the 2 Para and us R.Es falling out (probably over some Aldershot slappers) and wrecking the Roundabout Club in Aldershot in early 70s.... about 50 of us! Just youthful exuberance but these fuckers could box! All paraded on square on the following Monday but every cnut kept shtum!

Thank fcuk they were on our side!

12. Don't worry... We wouldn't fight... We'd watch you cunts beat the shit out of one another then we'd fuck off with all your tarts and give them what you lot couldn't, a good time...

We're not silly... :wink:
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. the_boy_syrup

It was a tough job but we tried :D
  14. Yeah, like a good dose of the clap and your bottoms to fist... :p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. the_boy_syrup

Is that the only way you lot could pull women?
    Every thread you go on about shagging Army pad birds
    It was never a challenge was it :D