• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Who was the soldier who laughed............

At or around 0445z this morning [16/06] I alighted from a 52 bus outside the Royal College of Art, London and saw Horse Guards and/or QLG exercising their Mounts.

As I walked quickly up the pavement and facing them I noticed the two leading riders were sporting 3 pips apiece. [For the purpose of ident I am 5ft 10ins tall with grey hair cut to a No 2 and wearing navy blue polo shirt, navy blue trousers, black magnums and carrying an all black rucksack]

On seeing this I said loudly 'Morning Rupert' and attracted a really sh*te look from the one nearest the kerb who was perhaps the brighter of the two.

Towards the rear of that group I heard suppressed laugh and a snigger and it didn't come from the Sgt who was the last mount.

So - who laughed?

Frank

itwasntme

The officer who didn't look at you was probably called Tarquin, and was thinking "That oik can not possibly be addressing me".

chunderling said:
every soldier in the world posts on this website. own up.
It was Geraldine (RHA, on attachment).

--
batty.

At the time and date stated I was riding - but my alibi is that A) it was not in London and B) she was more of a moose than a horse.

mukhabarat2003 said:
On seeing this I said loudly 'Morning Rupert' and attracted a really sh*te look from the one nearest the kerb who was perhaps the brighter of the two. ?
The correct form of address is "Wupert".

mukhabarat2003 said:
So - who laughed?
All of them, later.

cpunk

LE
mukhabarat2003 said:
At or around 0445z this morning [16/06] I alighted from a 52 bus outside the Royal College of Art, London and saw Horse Guards and/or QLG exercising their Mounts...
[For the purpose of ident I am 5ft 10ins tall with grey hair cut to a No 2 and wearing navy blue polo shirt, navy blue trousers, black magnums and carrying an all black rucksack]
Back for another shift as the hall porter at the Royal College?

Latest Threads