Who was the soldier who laughed............

At or around 0445z this morning [16/06] I alighted from a 52 bus outside the Royal College of Art, London and saw Horse Guards and/or QLG exercising their Mounts.

As I walked quickly up the pavement and facing them I noticed the two leading riders were sporting 3 pips apiece. [For the purpose of ident I am 5ft 10ins tall with grey hair cut to a No 2 and wearing navy blue polo shirt, navy blue trousers, black magnums and carrying an all black rucksack]

On seeing this I said loudly 'Morning Rupert' and attracted a really sh*te look from the one nearest the kerb who was perhaps the brighter of the two.

Towards the rear of that group I heard suppressed laugh and a snigger and it didn't come from the Sgt who was the last mount.

So - who laughed?

Frank

itwasntme

The officer who didn't look at you was probably called Tarquin, and was thinking "That oik can not possibly be addressing me".

chunderling said:
every soldier in the world posts on this website. own up.
It was Geraldine (RHA, on attachment).

--
batty.

At the time and date stated I was riding - but my alibi is that A) it was not in London and B) she was more of a moose than a horse.

mukhabarat2003 said:
On seeing this I said loudly 'Morning Rupert' and attracted a really sh*te look from the one nearest the kerb who was perhaps the brighter of the two. ?
The correct form of address is "Wupert".

mukhabarat2003 said:
So - who laughed?
All of them, later.

cpunk

LE
mukhabarat2003 said:
At or around 0445z this morning [16/06] I alighted from a 52 bus outside the Royal College of Art, London and saw Horse Guards and/or QLG exercising their Mounts...
[For the purpose of ident I am 5ft 10ins tall with grey hair cut to a No 2 and wearing navy blue polo shirt, navy blue trousers, black magnums and carrying an all black rucksack]
Back for another shift as the hall porter at the Royal College?

Latest Threads