Who was the best ever interviewer?

For me it as got to be Michael Parkinson he had EVERYBODY who was anybody at the time on his show, to a lot of people that show was an institution. Do you have any favourite interviews? Here's a couple but i could put hours on;

Parkinson interviews Oliver Reed - 1973 - pt1 - YouTube

Parkinson interviews Oliver Reed - 1973 - pt2 - YouTube

Parkinson interviews Oliver Reed - 1973 - pt3 - YouTube

And a laugh;

KEN DODD. 3 Legged chicken story. For more stuff like this see the link below - YouTube

There are so many bloody good other one's like with Freddie Starr and Muhammed Ali, that's a classic.

You like any?

Who was the best interviewer ever? The one that didn't give you the job.

Tim Sebastian.
Two of his Hardtalk interviews stick in my mind, a former 2 I/c of the CIA and Mugabe financier Hugo van Hoostaten (speling)
They where all but up to violence.

john

Hanns-Joachim Gottlob Scharff. Probably the world leader in non violent interview techniques.

Susannah Reid tore some guy a new ******** over the Tottenham riots. Up until then I assumed she was just a bit of eye candy, but it seems she's got more about her.

"interviewer" isn't that a spectator who dreams up bone questions instead of getting out there and doing something themselves.....achiever walts.

You won't know the name (KoTB might) but my favourite interviewer is a BBC producer known as Gobby.

After an aborted attempt to interview Alistair Campbell (he ran off) Gobby shouted after him 'your yesterday's news anyway you ****....' He's always the bloke to call out awkward questions at Downing Street and doesn't give a toss.

He also 'introduced' i.e set up a situation where Jacqui Smith couldn't avoid her) Joanna Lumley to the Home secretary out side the door to BBC Millbank - the cameras were rolling and so Smith had to agree to meeting.

You won't know the name (KoTB might) but my favourite interviewer is a BBC producer known as Gobby.

After an aborted attempt to interview Alistair Campbell (he ran off) Gobby shouted after him 'your yesterday's news anyway you ****....' He's always the bloke to call out awkward questions at Downing Street and doesn't give a toss.

He also 'introduced' i.e set up a situation where Jacqui Smith couldn't avoid her) Joanna Lumley to the Home secretary out side the door to BBC Millbank - the cameras were rolling and so Smith had to agree to meeting.

Give us more. Ta.

I'm with the OP. Parky.

Great and entertaining interviews. That's the difference between an interview and an interogation (Paxman)

Yeah, sure, his interviews with Billy Connolly were entertaining, but also his one-on-ones with the likes of James Stewart and Jimmy Cagney were enlightening. By his own admission, he admired and was intrigued by them, and, in my opinon, this made a fascinating interview.

Whilst I enjoyed Wogan on the radio, he was a "lightweight" in the interviewing field.

I found Russell Harty embarrassing, and double so for Ali G - total tosser. (just my opinion!)