Who wants to be a Regt Acct??

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Willy_Sanker, Nov 18, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, with the downgrading of rank in the post who wants it? Current SPS policy is that 2nd tour Sgts will be given the job!

I cant see anyone in there right mind wanting this job anymore, surely a 2nd tour Sgt should be looking at picking up on the next board so wouldn't want to move "sideways" for 9 months.

And as for units themselves, would you, as a CO look forward to getting a new Regt Acct every 9 months?

Furthermore we know there is a shortage of qualified accts, does this mean that we will eventually bin the 2nd tour thing and put crow Sgts into the job?

Answers on a postcard to your nearest caring S02 SPS ASAP VMT.
  2. Answer - no-one.

That is all I have to say about that. Why would anyone want to do Pay anyway??? And if you, my dear Willy, so worried about the job being downgraded - why not be an SSA? Apparently that post is getting upgraded.
  3. Sorry mate, I'm so fecked off with the whole AGC thing that I've signed off.
  4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I'd rather have my legs removed and be forced to sexually satisfy Bella Emberg than be an SSA. It's got to be the worst job in the AGC - dealing with all the admin cases/CDT/crap Adjts etc. Upgrade it? You could promote me to CDS and I would still tell you to fcuk off!

As for the Regt Acct thing - yes we are short of them hence the downgrading of the post. Don't know how long this will take though as I was a Regimental Acct at one unit as a SSgt, got replaced by a Sgt and got posted to another unit as........REGT ACCT. Have also heard of Sgt Regt Accts being replaced on posting by SSgts. As usual the Corps has it's head up its Arrse - the only reason people wanted to be Accts in the past was for the promotion (sad Ex-RAPC types excluded), so what did the AGC do? Moved the goal posts on time required for promotion so that you (presumably) still get the same guy who would have gone into the job but now gets paid less and, as previously said in this thread, will move on promotion in less than a year.

5. The whole SNCO supposed pyramid is fcuked up now, they havent got round to upgrading the SSA's post but have already downgraded a good portion of the RA posts, so bend over boys drop your kecks and take it yet again.

If I wasnt in the 'pension trap' I would be offski by now. Animo et Fcuked Up. :?
  6. Puff.

Come on - do a job swap - when I'm back off leave obviously.
  7. I would swap my job for a skateboard - wheres Cheggers when you need him???
  8. PM me and I will give you the details.

I bet you will "no balls" it.......

Bring it on.
  9. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Dale - you're not seriously asking me to swap my nice cushy Regt Accts job for one who's job description involves asking the Adjt "one lump or two" are you?
  10. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Still in hiding I hope!
  11. Can someone tell me what the Regt Acct has to do with Pay ??? 8O

Absolutely Feck all as far as I am concerned !

I thought SSA was created for all the Female Clerks to do - making brews and wiping the Adjutants arse is in the job description I hear :D

(Only joking I think we should have more women in the Army !!) :lol:
  12. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

And that's why Dale shouldn't even think about being a Regt Acct - anyone at SNCO level who doesn't know the difference between public and non-public funds is obviously brain damaged or been working in a HQ all of their career (same thing really!).

Stick to making brews Dale! :D :D :D
  13. Was that two sugars?
  14. Just the one for me thanks - need to save room for all the pies ! :roll:
  15. Whats this reply got to do with dale's Q??? he is right, any monkey who can add up can be trained to do a Regt Acct job, there is no need for years of previous exp or previous technical knowledge, for the old and bold amongst us some may remember when the Regt Acct job was "owned" by units and put one of their own into the job!!

In the forward thinking AGC the regt Acct post is a sideways step before you go back to doing a real job, it doesn't even prepare you for a job as FSA cos the two accounts sytems are entirly different, plus you get the old favourite "skill fade" and changes in regulations whilst you are out of the pay ladder.

Its time we civilianised the job (most static units, depots and stations etc) already have civvy Regt Accts, and when you consider that the job is "Rear party" on the LSN then there is a very strong case to just dump it :idea: