who wants a christmas tree when you can have a Dalek instead?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maguire, Dec 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Lego Dalek Santa is 'Christmas tradition' for Huntingdon family

'Most families make a tree the centrepiece of their Christmas decorations - not a Santa Claus Dalek made from about 100,000 Lego bricks.But the 7ft (2m) festive Dalek is what a Cambridgeshire family have gone for, to continue an annual tradition.
    Mike Addis and his wife Catherine Weightman, from Huntingdon, said making Lego Christmas decorations had been a "family tradition" for 18 years.
    Ms Weightman said it took two months to create the Dalek, and admitted their teenage children might now be "a little embarrassed" to join in their hobby.'

cool.

2. Exterminate them.....................................

• Like Like x 4

3. Benefits parasites with fuck all else to do.

4. Christmas tree pah! Lego Dalek, arrse!

Catalonia in Northern Spain is the place to be at this time of year.

Hollow out a foot long log, paint a smiley face on one end. Fill it with bits of fruit and cover with a tea towel.

This is called the 'shit log'

On Christmas morning the family gather around the shit log, sing shit log songs, and beat it with sticks. (I love this bit, all that aggression and pent up frustration just fading away with every blow.)

Even the standard nativity scene has shit involved. Hidden amongst the shepherds, wise men, goats and camels, is a small figure of a crouching man curling one out. Kids spend ages trying to spot the shitter.

So I suppose the Catalonians just love a shit Christmas.

Who am I to poo poo that?

• Like Like x 1
  5. If they'd made a 7' lego cock then I would've been impressed. Fucking nerds.

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

is Mr Hanky catalonian?

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

er, how do you know they're doleys?

8. Ah, South Park, and scatological humour.

Not sure to be honest, he might be just a very crude puppet from Spamland.

9. You'd need a lot of spare time to build a 7' lego dalek. Or a 7' lego cock for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you read article, it says a couple of months, at least two of them (sometimes the children helped), an hour or so a night instead of TV,
    Makes a minimum of 120 hours, probably more like 160, should be enough for a build that size.

11. But it's fucking gash!

12. We're having Davros for Xmas....

hawking.jpg

....dunno how we'll get his chair in the oven though!

13. Here you go, took five minutes, is bigger than yours and does more damage!

Lego+Penis+I+find+it+strange+that+someone+actually+went_413fd3_1108291.jpg

14. He has more hair on his bollocks as well!