Who to report to...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by young_lofty, Dec 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening all, just dropping by hoping to get a little guidance on something.

Lets say, hypothetically, I were to spot a serving TA soldier in an airport in ******* awful order, and the wrong headgear to his unit, standing with newspaper under his arm and hands in pockets, and also wearing a rank slide I would hypothetically know as fact to be 4 above the rank he actually is...

Who would be the best person in the TAC to speak to to ensure that this person had the error of his ways explained to him? Not sure about going direct to RSM, are there any other staff in a typical TA HQ unit that would be better suited to speak to first?
  2. I would go straight to his immediate boss, the Coy/Sqn Comd. But first of all be very sure that you know all your facts and report them correctly (hypothetically of course)
  3. msr

msr LE

Take him outside and point out the error of his ways.

4. MSR, I would have been more than happy to do so, however at the time I just saw what I percieved to be a slack as a slack thing in SSGT form (and looks to be the age to suit), and is is not for me as a full screw to pull up a SNCO for his turnout.

Since then, I have found this individual is in fact the private equivalent rank to his cap badge, and as he is no longer in front of me to deal with, I don't want to be seen to go wading into somebody elses train set and sorting out their soldiers for them- not the done thing.

Coy/ Sqn commander sounds about right now that you mention it, I'll see if I can track down the right number.
  5. Contact his unit PSAO, my old PSAO would have given him a good kicking (LE RSM)

Edit: He may have been an ACF/CCF instructor, I know plenty of Staff Sgt Instructors badged to the same regiment they are a TA private in.
  6. No wah on this, but who is the PSAO?
    Something Officer, clearly, but nothing I have ever heard of before.
  7. Permanent Staff Administration Officer
  8. Permanent Staff Admin Officer
  9. Rusty- Just seen your edit, and thought of that, but doesn't account for being in rag order, let alone why he would be wearing his SSGT slide without ACF at the bottom, leaving London for Scotland the last flight on a Sunday night... 8O

EDITED- Cheers lads, every day is a school day!
  10. He's probably HAC........ incoming