Who should replace "Gorbals Mick"?

Who should replace the esteemed Speaker if he were so unfortunate as to fall under a bus.

Obviously they must have certain qualities I name a few, others may have their own ideas.

Integrity.
Ability to see all sides of an argument.
Have the respect of his peers.
Have a bi-partisan approach.

My three front runners are:

Galloway, Mr George (Respect) Bethnal Green & Bow
Adams, Mr Gerry (SF) Belfast West
McGuinness, Mr Martin (SF) Mid Ulster

Anyone e;se any suggestions?

George galloway

Is Skinner still breathing? The Beast of Bolsover would have made a great Speaker a few years ago.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Tony Blair. He is honest, releiable, non-partisan, genuine, modest and totally unselfish.

Sounds like a perfect job for Ming Campbell. A chimp could do a better job than the current Speaker, whose only great achievement has been to award himself a whopping pension at our expense.

The Beast of Bolsover is still alive and kicking, though due to retire at the next election I believe.

To all the rest of you, who put forward their own names and that of fellow Arrsers, is that a statement of intent to run for Parliament?

If so I take it that you will be forming a new Party (in the broadest sense of the word Party)

A LAPTOP then we can all have a go

Norman Baker, hasn't a chance though because of the stink and the book he wrote about the murder sorry suicide of Dr David Kelly

evertonluke said:
Peter Mandelson.. :D
The job would better suit someone who likes to go to work wearing silk stockings, gowns and lace cuffs.

King_of_the_Burpas said:
evertonluke said:
Peter Mandelson.. :D
The job would better suit someone who likes to go to work wearing silk stockings, gowns and lace cuffs.
Bitch!

The extracted liver of a cirrhotic terrapin. It'd make a better Speaker than Gorbals Mick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Goatman Tanks, planes & ships 14
Raven2008 Tanks, planes & ships 1
Magic_Mushroom Royal Air Force 570