• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Who pulled the Space Cadets Thread and why?

What's going on? Is it just hiding? This is the Naafi Bar and we named the site as B e n t w a t e r s. So what - any fool can find the place on Google.

Is this a sell-out? Why was the thread pulled? I think we should be told

It could be that the Interglactic organisation of Space Cadets lodged a complaint........

or it was moved to it's place of honour in 'The ARRSE Hole'

RCSignals said:
It could be that the Interglactic organisation of Space Cadets lodged a complaint........

or it was moved to it's place of honour in 'The ARRSE Hole'
No. From the outset the server wouldn't accept B e n t w a t e r s. This was pre-emptive. Why? What do we owe them? If their hoax was so bloody good as opposed to picking the most pathologically inept and badly adjusted set of wannabe nothings then they'd have gone to a bit more effort than picking a chunk of the UK where they are going to see plenty of aviation that patently isn't Russian etc.

brockle said:
No. From the outset the server wouldn't accept B e n t w a t e r s. This was pre-emptive. Why? What do we owe them? If their hoax was so bloody good as opposed to picking the most pathologically inept and badly adjusted set of wannabe nothings then they'd have gone to a bit more effort than picking a chunk of the UK where they are going to see plenty of aviation that patently isn't Russian etc.
Erm, the server wouldn't accept it because: B e n t w a t e r s! The swear filter got you, now kindly remove your foil-hat! :wink:

that, and it was, as alluded to earlier by Canteen Cowboy, boring as fcuk.

Rather than have so many posts banging on about why it wouldnt accept a word why not some posts on what happened on it?

Filbert Fox said:
that, and it was, as alluded to earlier by Canteen Cowboy, boring as fcuk.

Rather than have so many posts banging on about why it wouldnt accept a word why not some posts on what happened on it?
cos it was boring as fcuk?

just a thought.......

Beebs

Actually i thought it was quite good.

There are people out there that are that numb and this program is doing a service to us in Outing them!

Must have cost them a fortune to do though as they seem to have gone the whole hog!!

Pity the poor pilot who flew them to "Russa" when in fact he was doing little more than circle the north sea!

I hope they give them russian beatings to keep them in line.

I suppose the big question is, if you really put yourself in that scenario and didn't have a clue it was hoax, would you be taken in? And before you scream no, think about what they are put through - a long flight, met my russians in uniform, a base which they are not allowed out of which looks and sounds russian! What would you think?

I'd bet a percentage of you out there would be taken in for the intial scam, but then wise up to it after about a day!

OS

Especially as when they "go into space" they are going to be told that they're not far enough away from the Earth to be weightless. It's the show's way of getting around making them weightless :lol:

I'm just hoping that when they're in the 'shuttle' and 'in space' that one of the 'vicitms' will trip and put his hand through the wall (it is only wood). Hopefully they'll all start screaming about being sucked out into space.

acp290885 said:
Especially as when they "go into space" they are going to be told that they're not far enough away from the Earth to be weightless. It's the show's way of getting around making them weightless :lol:

From what I can gather, I don't think they are actually going to be launched.

:cry:
SS

The weightless problem has been overcome - there was a documentary/reality show called star trek and you didn't see them floating off the bridge in that.

Didn't see the whole thing, but were there any clingons in it ?

We'll just have to wait until one of them licks a window and realises its made of perspex.

..maybe they could burn up on re-entry...now that would be reality TV worth watching.

Just glad that the gay OTT freak who got his 15 seconds of fame during the bridge jump sequence didn't make it to the final few. Can you imagine being stuck in a cramped space shuttle mock-up with him for 5 days!!.

shiny_arse said:
Just glad that the gay OTT freak who got his 15 seconds of fame during the bridge jump sequence didn't make it to the final few. Can you imagine being stuck in a cramped space shuttle mock-up with him for 5 days!!.

Yeah, they'd soon suss its a hoax when they try to flush the tw@ out of an airlock.

JRHartley said:
We'll just have to wait until one of them licks a window and realises its made of perspex.

..maybe they could burn up on re-entry...now that would be reality TV worth watching.

lol @ "window lickers" :lol:

a cold beer to the first person that para-glides in under cover of darkness shouting "its a fcuking hoax!!"
can you imagine them looking out the window at the earth, then seeing some bloke, without space suit, run up to the window..." your in a hanger near ipswich you gullable fcukwits!!" lol

finbarr_saunders said:
a cold beer to the first person that para-glides in under cover of darkness shouting "its a fcuking hoax!!"
I don't know why that's so funny but i think I just cracked a rib. :D

Classic TV moment would be if they rig up the projectors outside to show an asteroid/satellite/some big effing object hurtling towards them and the actors/pilots screaming "Oh God we're all fukced" then quickly pan to the faces of some of the most gullible muppets who inhabit our blessed shores.

OR - bring back Mr Blobby and hang him from the hangar roof

Latest Threads