who pays the bills at shriv?

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by squall, Mar 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know we all like to have a grumble about pay etc, but i have some specific problems, and am trying to get some info together so i can make my case.

Does anyone know who pays an In Service Degrees wages when they are at shriv? Does it come out of the local budget, or the centeral army budget?

thanks for your help!

2. The manager of the Prince of Wales pub. He's minted.

3. ask the RAO???

4. I don't think that salaries are ever paid by local budgets. The capitation rate maybe shown against a budget, but the actual money is held and paid centrally.

I have to say I would go with sprog's suggestion..............

5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

There is no such thing really as a Central Army budget for manpower. Everyone belongs to some form of holding unit, which will in turn be part of successively higher levels of budget holders, eventually converging on a number of Top Level Budget Holders, such as the Service CinCs, or the VCDS for joint and Central staff posts etc. An In Service degree person will be on someones posted strength (which will have a financial UIN) probably Shrivenham, but possibly a Arm or Service Depot, which will be allocated a chunk of money that (hopefully) pays the salary. Check the posting order that sent you to where you are. It will have both your holding (i.e. administering) unit, and UIN. That defines who 'pays' your salary.

6. Nope. All wrong. It's the manager of the Prince of Wales pub.

7. When I was at 'Sunny Chatham, 36 RSME' the posted strength for students generally ran along the lines of:

'Short course' (6 months or less) remain on unit strength and go back after course.

'Long Course' (longer than 6 months) posted from unit to RSME strength and on completion of course a posting to another unit.

Fail the course then a posting on discression of RE Manning, dependant on far into the course the individual was. This was normally the sh*ttiest 8O posting available within the rank/trade range :lol: