Who owes what to whom!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Jan 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Verrrrry interestink!
  2. According to that and roughly added up the UK is owed 1561 Billion and owes 1730 Billion to other countries

So we are about 2 billion in the red.
  3. Thats ok we'll print some more money!
  4. Going by that, everyone owes money to everyone else would it not be simpler to write that off and whatever is left over that is what each country owes. Very simplistic I know but look at the hassle it would save.
  5. I keep wondering this, and not being educated in economics don't understand why not. We owe France 209, France owe us 227. So why not call it 18 billion to us and call it even?
  6. I suppose if this was purely goverment to government debts it might be made to work but I would assume that at least some of the 1.7 Trillion is owed to individuals in the end and would you be happy if you heard that you aren't getting paid this week but that is ok because Fred Bloggs down the road doesn't have to pay for his new Japanese motor.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. But those poor bankers and lawyers would miss out on their fees.
  8. It's not owned to countries, only banks, the bailout was to pay banks so they could pay their investors(banks)!
    At the time I thought it was an ok'ish idea, however with 20/20 hindsight it should've been allowed to fall on it's arse, picked up the banks for pennies and started again.