Who or what is destroying the foundation or fabric of the UK

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Rattler, Jun 9, 2009.

?
  1. Liabour

61.8%
  2. Conservatives

2.0%
  3. Thatcher

2.9%
  4. The Unions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Press

10.8%
  6. Dont Care as we are already fukced

22.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought I would run a quick pole to see if anyone had an idea view or opinion.

I see recent events both in the press and from Gobermint, and find our status been erroded slightly. (is it) :?

2. You've neglected to include the main culprit of the UK's decline - Capitalism.

MsG

3. I had, but for some reason it decided not to play the game, I shall try again

4. nope we are stuck with it sorry

5. :? Global Warming and Moths :?

6. Greed - main fxxxing culprit IMHO.

Also, no respect for any type of authority, whether that be parents, police, teachers etc.

Bastads should be put up against a wall and uncerimoniously shot.

7. Britain has been fcuked ever since we adopted Christianity. Burn 'em all I say!

8. It is frequently said that the Armed Forces are the only things or organisations left in the UK where you can still find high standards of integrity, reliability, honour, truthfulness, dedication, hard work, team spirit, etc, etc.

So why are we the last bastion of the UK's traditional foundation or fabric? And will we go the same way as everyone else including the once-admired police and fire services to name but two who have gone down the chute?

Can Gordon take us down before he goes?

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

evil pixies

10. Foundations: termites.

Fabric: moths.

Hat, check; coat, check; TAXI!

11. "But I know he's a moron, Gordon is a moron"

With acknowledgement to Jilted John

12. Best i get a taxi 2

13. All standards have dropped and it seems to be now acceptable and
    anti hero's are the order of the day.................

14. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Political Correctness is what went wrong.

The Australian Prime Minister got it right when he said that unless your going to live in Aus as Australians then you can go back to where you came from (or something to that effect). I have no problem with the people that come to England and work and pay taxes, and I don't really care if they send the earned money after tax to their family wherever they are in the world but it frustrates the hell out of me when foreign nationals move to the UK and claim benefits upon their arrival. Especially when there are so many UK citizens by birth who when they need financial support because they have been made redundant or injured at work and especially in the line of duty don't get it. I don't understand why we can't cut the benefits of foreign nationals until they have worked in the UK and paid FULL stamp in the UK for 5 years. That way they have at least contributed to the economy. Might save the government several billion as well. Oh yea, and why do we provide housing for these people? I mean if we went to live in europe anywhere we'd have to sort ourselves out....makes me sooooooooo mad.

15. It's obviously all my fault - I usually end up getting the blame so I might as well cough for it now.

Any chance of a reduced sentence, your Honour?

Or it could be Old Man Meadows, the Janitor from the abandoned theme park. That's who Shaggy and Scooby think, anyway.

Was it The_Butler?

No need to call a cab....