• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Who or what is destroying the foundation or fabric of the UK

Whos to Blame

• Liabour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservatives

• Thatcher

• The Unions

• The Press

• Dont Care as we are already fukced

• Total voters
Just thought I would run a quick pole to see if anyone had an idea view or opinion.

I see recent events both in the press and from Gobermint, and find our status been erroded slightly. (is it) :?

Greed - main fxxxing culprit IMHO.

Also, no respect for any type of authority, whether that be parents, police, teachers etc.

Bastads should be put up against a wall and uncerimoniously shot.

It is frequently said that the Armed Forces are the only things or organisations left in the UK where you can still find high standards of integrity, reliability, honour, truthfulness, dedication, hard work, team spirit, etc, etc.

So why are we the last bastion of the UK's traditional foundation or fabric? And will we go the same way as everyone else including the once-admired police and fire services to name but two who have gone down the chute?

Can Gordon take us down before he goes?

Alsacien

MIA
The_Rattler said:
Just thought I would run a quick pole to see if anyone had an idea view or opinion.

I see recent events both in the press and from Gobermint, and find our status been erroded slightly. (is it) :?
evil pixies

HellofromFrance said:
It is frequently said that the Armed Forces are the only things or organisations left in the UK where you can still find high standards of integrity, reliability, honour, truthfulness, dedication, hard work, team spirit, etc, etc.

So why are we the last bastion of the UK's traditional foundation or fabric? And will we go the same way as everyone else including the once-admired police and fire services to name but two who have gone down the chute?

Can Gordon take us down before he goes?
"But I know he's a moron, Gordon is a moron"

With acknowledgement to Jilted John

samm1551

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Political Correctness is what went wrong.

The Australian Prime Minister got it right when he said that unless your going to live in Aus as Australians then you can go back to where you came from (or something to that effect). I have no problem with the people that come to England and work and pay taxes, and I don't really care if they send the earned money after tax to their family wherever they are in the world but it frustrates the hell out of me when foreign nationals move to the UK and claim benefits upon their arrival. Especially when there are so many UK citizens by birth who when they need financial support because they have been made redundant or injured at work and especially in the line of duty don't get it. I don't understand why we can't cut the benefits of foreign nationals until they have worked in the UK and paid FULL stamp in the UK for 5 years. That way they have at least contributed to the economy. Might save the government several billion as well. Oh yea, and why do we provide housing for these people? I mean if we went to live in europe anywhere we'd have to sort ourselves out....makes me sooooooooo mad.

It's obviously all my fault - I usually end up getting the blame so I might as well cough for it now.

Any chance of a reduced sentence, your Honour?

Or it could be Old Man Meadows, the Janitor from the abandoned theme park. That's who Shaggy and Scooby think, anyway.

Was it The_Butler?

No need to call a cab....

Personaly I blame the mentality of Kids having KIDS!! Also the lack of decent parenting, many a time I would be shot in the pants whilst stealing apples from Famer Biggs orchard.. would I tell my Father NO!! Out of fear of being buggered, mind you he didn't need an excuse to do that (FLASHBACK) boo hoo!

Thomothehun said:
Personaly I blame the mentality of Kids having KIDS!! Also the lack of decent parenting, many a time I would be shot in the pants whilst stealing apples from Famer Biggs orchard.. would I tell my Father NO!! Out of fear of being buggered, mind you he didn't need an excuse to do that (FLASHBACK) boo hoo!
Thomo
You're definitely onto something there mate. The acceptance of the "non-traditional" family (ie yr Mum and her bulldyke g/f, or alternating boyfriends) has a fair bit to do with it IMHO. (Before people start I was brought up by a single parent till I was 7).
It has been highlighted by more than one report that one of the reasons behind gang culture (particularly amongst the Jamaican/Afro-Carribean communities in London) is the distinct lack of a positive male role model in the formative years of a young lad's life; this they will then replicate with the local bad-lads, or gang members.
Also I believe, and I am going to sound like a Daily Mail reader here - my apologies - that the fear of consequence has fallen right off the radar. If I had been brought home by the police when I was a kid my folks would have ensured that I'd not have sat down for a week.

Also, "progressive" techniques in teaching, policing and sentencing ("Yeah we know he killed someone, but he says he's sorry and Probation Services say he's remorseful") have a lot to answer for. It stands to reason that if you fear the consequences of getting caught doing something illegal then you may be deterred by that.

I blame that bender Mandelson myself - can't think of any sound reason for it just now, but he's a c**t of the first order, so why not?

Latest Threads