Who makes the goretex kit for the British Army

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by msr, Dec 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Just wondering really....

msr

2. The lowest bidder :lol:

There's a big directory of who supplies the MOD. You'll find what you need to know at http://www.bdec-online.com

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The other way of finding out is to look at the label.

This might be difficult for the younger members to find as the MOD still do some things the old fashioned way, and like the labels on the inside of the garments......

:wink:

4. Berghaus also makes goretex jackat for civvie markets.
    so basically you are wearing a cheap berghaus in cammo !

5. I know Web-Tex make gore-tex military gear, but i'm not sure whether the army use it or not?? by the way, does anyone know who makes the army's standard assault boots??

6. Crawling out from my hiding place of shame I can tell you that a company called GB Britton makes the standard issue and pro boots.

http://www.gbbritton.com/

I'm going back to my hole now...

7. msr

msr LE

And it might come as a bit of a shock for older members to find that the MOD no longer do things the old fashioned way :wink:

msr

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Rubbish.

Procuremant has a long history of being pants, and it's the one tradition that The Glorious Leader has no intention of changing !

:lol:

9. I don't think we use webtex as most of the stuff is junk.....

I bought a webtex assault vest thinking it was the puppies privates apart from when I put it on, it was the most impractical piece of dpm junk I have ever had my hands on.

For Sale now if anyone wants it £40.......pm me.......

Not the best salesman in the world am I?

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

"Hmmm," thinks the senile dude in a moment of lucidity, "Did eating out of ally messtins really bring on my Alzheimer's ? I'd better check."

He slowly shuffles the eight feet to the locker, and while leaning on his zimmer frame picks up the MVP kit with a 'Helping Hand' pincer.

A fumbling check on the outside eventually reveals no Nike/Gucci/CD labels, so the decrepit fingers attempt to peel the velcro apart, badly hindered by the advanced stages of Parkinson's Disease.

After thirty minutes of cursing his arthritis-ridden digits the smock falls open to reveal a green tag on the inside.
    Description, NSN, Size, then......Manufacturer ! In this case, Remploy Ltd.

An investigation of the strides revealed the remnants of several bouts of incontinence, but poking through one of the crusty layers was a similar label, but this time indicating that they were made by Annis Protective Wear Ltd.

"Ah," he mused, "Labels on the inside of the garments. Those were the days !"

11. msr

msr LE

Description - check
    NSN - check
    Size - check
    then...

ST1A/1270

msr

12. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Get in touch with DCTA, they may give you a list of contractors.

I'm sure some items were made abroad (Czech? & Asia? by sub-contractors) and I think some boots may be made in Germany.

Ammo boots were made by Hobsons, but I'm not sure if they still have the contract.