Who makes Combat Boots Assault (CAB)?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Biped, Apr 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm trying to find out who actually manufactures the current issue assault boots. Any help gratefully received.

2. GB Britton, they have a website, however I don't know how to put a link in.

3. I think they're made in Spain now. Lowest bidder? Possibly why we had a batch in the system with soles that crumble on contact with fresh air...

4. That's a classic TLA...

Combat Boots Assault (CAB)

Last pair of boots I got issued (not bought) were Ammo boots... so I'm a bit out of touch... are they now doing TLAs in BATCO.

5. Tria grams, instead of bia grams...

6. Bia gram, u taking drugs now FF Box?.

7. UK Safety Group make them same company who make the new trainers PT 06

8. Nothing was proved, the only drugs taken are painkillers after a CFT!

9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Can't find any maker details on the box a brand spankers pair I was issued last week came in. However, the boots are dated 2006, the qualioty control label inside is written in english and there is also a SHELF LIFE of 4 years plus 1 year wear on the outside of the box.

Most exciting.

10. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

GB Britton/UK Safety lost the contract to a Spanish company.

11. The current pair i have are dire, the sheels have disentigrated after 4 months of wear and the stores are trying to say i have used them improperly. WHAT by wearing them for F**K sake.

12. DPM Guy, send the faulty boots to the DC IPT via the QMs. If the shelf life has expired or its a bad batch we need to trace the problem. Tell the QMs to fill out a Defect Report and send it in, they will get an answer immediately.

If we don't get the boots we can't do anything about it.

13. Unfortunatly its classified to such a high level that only two people know the truth. Me and the bloke that signs the cheques! This is because if the truth were to get out, research has indicated a very high likely-hood of the blind, retard umpa loompas that make them will be nailed by their feet to a tree, hung upside down and left there to rot. I have to now as the nurse has arrived with my mashed bannanas.