Who loves Corps Day?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by g2_loony_bin, Jun 14, 2006.

?
  1. It is a great way of pulling everyone in the corps together in more ways than one...

23.1%
  2. It is an alright concept but is essentially a glorified p1ss up

26.9%
  3. It is mediorce at best and the atmosphere is killed when you are told you must attend even when you

30.8%
  4. I hate it with every inch of my body and soul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It is camp but not as camp as christmas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It is gayer than a bag of gay things in gayland wrapped in tinsel at christmas time with a dildo up

19.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been to a few Corps days. Some, and I'm going to be diplomatic here, were fcuking sh1te!

However the Corps Day held at Chicksands seems to have to right mixture of official Corps business and sheer debauchery (it did in 2003 anyway), therefore I am in two minds as whether to go this year or not.

How does everyone else feel about Corps Day?

Topics of interest:

1. Enforced fun
    2. Getting so drunk you can't see
    3. Chest poking
    4. The "summer fete" atmosphere
    5. Greatest exploits at Corps Day

2. Not bad, but to be honest its not like anybody needs an excuse to go and get smashed is it? :)

Good to see you back in action Loony old bean, been quiet on here recently!

3. I never left, just had less to gripe about recently.

AND NOW I'VE FOUND THAT BRITS SHOULD LIVE LIKE MUSLIMS THREAD I'M MIGHTILY FCUKED OFF!!!!!!!!!!

Edited because I just couldn't be arrsed

4. Now that is going to be controversial :plotting:

Edited for over use of smiley

5. Why is his left hand deformed?? 8O

I'm off down the pub to watch the football

6. It's written in the Koran like that... :slow:

7. Christ there's pushing the envelope and there's thin ice and all sorts!

(Shakes umbrella out a bit...)

NOTE : THE VIEWS POSTED ABOVE ARE NOT THE VIEWS OF ANYBODY REALLY.... honest.

8. Incoming!!!!!! :roll:

9. So who's going this year???

10. I've got a feeling that I will be there. Not many places at Butlins you can hide from that sort of thing really.

11. Ahh yes. That will be the obligatory "your coming aren't you!?" letter from HQ..LOL

12. Not me *sniff* Enjoyed last year's though. :(

Edited to add - especially the Pimms tent, followed by the bouncy castle....... :D

Ice

13. Seeing as there are one or two people who can't make it to Chickers this year, has anybody heard of something else being organised in another part of the world?

I know that at one of my old 'darksider' type units in sunny lincolnshire they had a BBQ and lash up on Corps day - even though there were only 20 odd of us.

• Like Like x 1
  14. If it was a darkside unit...how did they know the sun was shining? You have no windows! :twisted:

There is bound to be some to be had in other locations around the country and abroad... I was about to say "let us know so others can join in", but that's probably not a good idea here. Unless you can all organise it by PM 8O

Oh what fun have I started now? 8)

15. We had friends on the outside you know! I'm not a true darksider anyway I have dabbled in both worlds... murky water here

As for Corps day - I think that I will arrange something it'll have to be north of England :) If there is enough interest i'll do it.