• Tom Tugendhat

• Nadhim Zahawi

• Boris Johnson

• Someone else , see my post

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
Whilst I really appreciate the mods’ unpaid efforts, it will ruin the site if any thread that has a small number of off-topic posters is ruined for everyone else.

IMO the Ukraine thread moderation style (which you played a big part in!) should serve as the benchmark going forward. Ultra-strict moderation and permanent thread bans for repeat offenders. You and I know exactly who those offenders are and it will remove 90% of the noise.
Yes there will be fewer posts, but they will be of a higher quality.

PS: I have repeatedly asked people to stay on topic and have reported off topic posts.
I don't wish to make an issue of this. I'm moving on. However. It was not a 'few' posters ruining the thread. I can easily deal with a few raging individuals. Last night alone I deleted three whole pages of utter shite. Dozens of folk all with their own little agendas ultimately ruined the thread. Most of it wasn't malicious, just so off topic it was ridiculous. Thread banning all of those people, would have knacked the thread anyway. It was a lose lose.

Nobody reported anything.

I'm the only moderator currently dedicated to the NAAFI. All reports land on my desk. I've seen none from you.

With regard to the Ukraine thread, non CA mods were asked to help out because, as you know, it was really shifting along at pace and when one off topic post is answered, how ever well meaning, it quickly becomes an avalanche of distraction. Once the thread returned to normal jogging I concentrated my full attention back on the Badgers Arrse.

And here we are.

Anyway, keep showing your so called support by bashing the negative icons. I love the smell of Grrrr Arte in the morning.

Man Pig

Old-Salt
I don't wish to make an issue of this. I'm moving on. However. It was not a 'few' posters ruining the thread. I can easily deal with a few raging individuals. Last night alone I deleted three whole pages of utter shite. Dozens of folk all with their own little agendas ultimately ruined the thread. Most of it wasn't malicious, just so off topic it was ridiculous. Thread banning all of those people, would have knacked the thread anyway. It was a lose lose.

I'm the only moderator currently dedicated to the NAAFI. All reports land on my desk. I've seen none from you.

With regard to the Ukraine thread, non CA mods were asked to help out because, as you know, it was really shifting along at pace and when one off topic post is answered, how ever well meaning, it quickly becomes an avalanche of distraction. Once the thread returned to normal jogging I concentrated my full attention back on the Badgers Arrse.

And here we are.

Anyway, keep showing your so called support by bashing the negative icons. I love the smell of Grrrr Arte in the morning.

What's happened to the other mods?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
What's happened to the other mods?
"With regard to the Ukraine thread, non CA mods were asked to help out because, as you know, it was really shifting along at pace and when one off topic post is answered, how ever well meaning, it quickly becomes an avalanche of distraction. Once the thread returned to normal jogging I concentrated my full attention back on the Badgers Arrse."

Man Pig

Old-Salt
"With regard to the Ukraine thread, non CA mods were asked to help out because, as you know, it was really shifting along at pace and when one off topic post is answered, how ever well meaning, it quickly becomes an avalanche of distraction. Once the thread returned to normal jogging I concentrated my full attention back on the Badgers Arrse."
"I'm the only moderator currently dedicated to the NAAFI. All reports land on my desk".

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
"I'm the only moderator currently dedicated to the NAAFI. All reports land on my desk".
I've been the only NAAFI dedicated mod for years. Boris Johnson came on board, then left to cover Int Cell. Four other mods have access to NAAFI mod privileges, but I'm here full time. They are busy dealing with their own areas.

In reality, there only six or seven active mods across all of the main boards, and two mods in the glue sniffing modelling forum.

I hope that answers your question.

I've been the only NAAFI dedicated mod for years. Boris Johnson came on board, then left to cover Int Cell. Four other mods have access to NAAFI mod privileges, but I'm here full time. They are busy dealing with their own areas.

In reality, there only six or seven active mods across all of the main boards, and two mods in the glue sniffing modelling forum.

I‘ll apologise for posting, I know I shouldn’t yet sometimes I do without pausing. Yon mods have a hard thankless task unpaid voluntary and sometimes a thank you is barely sufficient Praise.

In saying that if you need any hints n tips, for your upcoming long walk only to happy to assist
TS

ps Whoever wins the PM slot gets the privilege of Yon mod changing his nom de arrse again ;)

Man Pig

Old-Salt

Yes, thank you. Having never looked in on the modelling bit of the forum I have to wonder why it needs two mods? Is the glue sniffing rife? :-D

Oyibo

LE
I don't wish to make an issue of this. I'm moving on. However. It was not a 'few' posters ruining the thread. I can easily deal with a few raging individuals. Last night alone I deleted three whole whole pages of utter shite. Dozens of folk all with their own little agendas ultimately ruined the thread. Most of it wasn't malicious, just so off topic it was ridiculous. Thread banning all of those people, would have knacked the thread anyway. It was a lose lose.

And here we are.

Some robust smiting of two mongs in particular might have saved what was a good thread.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
It was hardly a difficult job taking our nation out of the EU as by the time Boris was PM it was all over bar the shouting - even then he nearly buggered it up with his unique style of waffling and blustering.

As the man at the helm he must have been a nightmare to work with and to work for. The sight of him driving a forklift truck, mixing dough or meeting with ordinary working people was cringe worthy in the extreme.

While I'm at it I may as well offer the reminder that Bullington Boris was a proven liar of many years standing when he became PM, he had been caught out many times but, luckily for him, he was surrounded by a very strong and influential old boy's club and, of course, monetary wealth.

If you think I am spouting shite then just wait and see who gets honoured by him when his watch ends. Oh, and don't forget why the Conservative Party is electing a new leader.

Anyone who thinks that Boris was the heaven sent Saviour for our beloved islands probably thinks that Princess Diana went to her maker as a virgin.

An alternative to the Conservative Party running the country hardly bears thinking about as is the thought of Liz Truss as PM. But Boris? Meh...
You are right. Getting out of the EU should have been a doddle.

Yet even you must realise that it wasn't. Now have a think as to why that was

Parliament and business putting their shoulders to the wheel?

An understanding and intellectually able EU working hard to get an outcome that suited both sides?

A recognition on social media and in the press recognising the importance of the public mood?

All of the above?