• Rishi Sunak

• Liz Truss

• Jeremy Hunt

• Tom Tugendhat

• Nadhim Zahawi

• Boris Johnson

• Someone else , see my post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bash out as many disagree icons as you like. You're not the one spending eight hours a day on the site continually cleaning up. This thread started in Current Affairs and the CA mods moved it to NAAFI, because of incessant bickering and wandering way off topic. If you'd been following the thread, you'd have noticed this. Everybody else did.

I've enjoyed this thread. Its been mostly interesting and quite often informative. But I'm fed up now. Enoughs enough. There have been plenty of pleas to keeep it on track, there has been warnings and thread bans, but that's not enough. It'd be easier for me just to lock the thread and move on with my life.

Have you offered any support to the moderation or the thread? Jumped in when my back is turned and asked the thread to stay on track? Reported bad behaviour?

Because now you can enjoy the rotton posts and bickering that only the depths of the arrsehole can bring, the sweaty armpit of the site and it'll bother me narry one jot. I do feel sorry for those that have supported me and tried to keep the thread on track, and like them, I hate it when a good thread dies. I really do.

So there you have it. Don't bother me again in the hole, unless it's something really important, like at least two pages of back to back informative posts without somebody trying to be clever, waffling on about their favourite Grrrr, or childish sniping.

Thanks awfully.
Have an 'Excellent' for the expression 'sweaty armpit of the site'.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Bash out as many disagree icons as you like. You're not the one spending eight hours a day on the site continually cleaning up. This thread started in Current Affairs and the CA mods moved it to NAAFI, because of incessant bickering and wandering way off topic. If you'd been following the thread, you'd have noticed this. Everybody else did.

I've enjoyed this thread. Its been mostly interesting and quite often informative. But I'm fed up now. Enoughs enough. There have been plenty of pleas to keeep it on track, there has been warnings and thread bans, but that's not enough. It'd be easier for me just to lock the thread and move on with my life.

Have you offered any support to the moderation or the thread? Jumped in when my back is turned and asked the thread to stay on track? Reported bad behaviour?

Because now you can enjoy the rotton posts and bickering that only the depths of the arrsehole can bring, the sweaty armpit of the site and it'll bother me narry one jot. I do feel sorry for those that have supported me and tried to keep the thread on track, and like them, I hate it when a good thread dies. I really do.

So there you have it. Don't bother me again in the hole, unless it's something really important, like at least two pages of back to back informative posts without somebody trying to be clever, waffling on about their favourite Grrrr, or childish sniping.

Thanks awfully.

Well I can't say I'm not disappointed with the move to the hole and "weapons free" on this thread, but I do understand the frustration. Sticking TarBB on ignore has done wonders for (I think) my posts here; I'm sure I'm not innocent but most of us have kept on track thanks to your efforts. So thanks for that.

Hopefully, this will become the pressure valve that the last Boris thread was before it was locked, but it's a shame that the sh1t smearing antics of the usual suspects (on both sides, but Wets deserves a special mention, self righteous prick that he is) has destroyed yet another useful and informative thread.

Thanks awfully.

Whilst I really appreciate the mods’ unpaid efforts, it will ruin the site if any thread that has a small number of off-topic posters is ruined for everyone else.

IMO the Ukraine thread moderation style (which you played a big part in!) should serve as the benchmark going forward. Ultra-strict moderation and permanent thread bans for repeat offenders. You and I know exactly who those offenders are and it will remove 90% of the noise.
Yes there will be fewer posts, but they will be of a higher quality.

PS: I have repeatedly asked people to stay on topic and have reported off topic posts.

Well I can't say I'm not disappointed with the move to the hole and "weapons free" on this thread, but I do understand the frustration. Sticking TarBB on ignore has done wonders for (I think) my posts here; I'm sure I'm not innocent but most of us have kept on track thanks to your efforts. So thanks for that.

Hopefully, this will become the pressure valve that the last Boris thread was before it was locked, but it's a shame that the sh1t smearing antics of the usual suspects (on both sides, but Wets deserves a special mention, self righteous prick that he is) has destroyed yet another useful and informative thread.

Every single time it's the same people with their well broadcast, sore loser agenda that stifles any form of reasoned debate no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Always someone else’s fault.

Every single time it's the same people with their well broadcast, sore loser agenda that stifles any form of reasoned debate no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Stop talking rubbish. No one is stopped from debating. Echo chambers are for losers, accept that others have different points of view.

You don’t have to reply.

Current arguments about the competition include:

"Rishi should give up";
"It's damaging the party";
"It's self indulgent";
"This can't be allowed to drag on during a crisis"

"Rishi should continue to the end - the last thing we need is another coronation";
"We need to be sure";
"We are learning something from each husting and interview"

"Bring back Boris" Lord Cruddas, David Campbell Bannerman and the Conservative Post, invite Conservative Party Members to sign and share this petition. Please fill in your details below and click submit. Your message will be sent directly to the Conservative Party Chairman. As a party member I want a Boris Johnson ballot

And of course there is the call from Labour and the disenamoured for a general election.

An opinion:

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Boris shall ever remain a hero to the British people for honouring democracy and taking us out of the EU.
It was hardly a difficult job taking our nation out of the EU as by the time Boris was PM it was all over bar the shouting - even then he nearly buggered it up with his unique style of waffling and blustering.

As the man at the helm he must have been a nightmare to work with and to work for. The sight of him driving a forklift truck, mixing dough or meeting with ordinary working people was cringe worthy in the extreme.

While I'm at it I may as well offer the reminder that Bullington Boris was a proven liar of many years standing when he became PM, he had been caught out many times but, luckily for him, he was surrounded by a very strong and influential old boy's club and, of course, monetary wealth.

If you think I am spouting shite then just wait and see who gets honoured by him when his watch ends. Oh, and don't forget why the Conservative Party is electing a new leader.

Anyone who thinks that Boris was the heaven sent Saviour for our beloved islands probably thinks that Princess Diana went to her maker as a virgin.

An alternative to the Conservative Party running the country hardly bears thinking about as is the thought of Liz Truss as PM. But Boris? Meh...

It was hardly a difficult job taking our nation out of the EU as by the time Boris was PM it was all over bar the shouting - even then he nearly buggered it up with his unique style of waffling and blustering.

As the man at the helm he must have been a nightmare to work with and to work for. The sight of him driving a forklift truck, mixing dough or meeting with ordinary working people was cringe worthy in the extreme.

While I'm at it I may as well offer the reminder that Bullington Boris was a proven liar of many years standing when he became PM, he had been caught out many times but, luckily for him, he was surrounded by a very strong and influential old boy's club and, of course, monetary wealth.

If you think I am spouting shite then just wait and see who gets honoured by him when his watch ends. Oh, and don't forget why the Conservative Party is electing a new leader.

Anyone who thinks that Boris was the heaven sent Saviour for our beloved islands probably thinks that Princess Diana went to her maker as a virgin.

An alternative to the Conservative Party running the country hardly bears thinking about as is the thought of Liz Truss as PM. But Boris? Meh...

Just post this pic instead of typing an essay that no-one's going to read past the 2nd paragraph.

It'll be easier for you.

2022-01-20_17-02_Freedom of information.jpg

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Always someone else’s fault.
You're someone else; and yes you were indeed the instigator of the straw that broke the camel's back. A lot of others (including me) certainly helped but it was thanks to your smug and rather childish monomania bringing Boris back into the mix. So congratulations; another thread ruined by you.

Do feel free to take a rolling fcuk at a donut.

Whilst I really appreciate the mods’ unpaid efforts, it will ruin the site if any thread that has a small number of off-topic posters is ruined for everyone else.

IMO the Ukraine thread moderation style (which you played a big part in!) should serve as the benchmark going forward. Ultra-strict moderation and permanent thread bans for repeat offenders. You and I know exactly who those offenders are and it will remove 90% of the noise.
Yes there will be fewer posts, but they will be of a higher quality.

PS: I have repeatedly asked people to stay on topic and have reported off topic posts.
I agree wholeheartedly with your views. Set an example, bring the site ban hammer down on a couple of the worst offenders (no names no pack drill).

Any sock puppet accounts immediately deleted.

Job jobbed.

You're someone else; and yes you were indeed the instigator of the straw that broke the camel's back. A lot of others (including me) certainly helped but it was thanks to your smug and rather childish monomania bringing Boris back into the mix. So congratulations; another thread ruined by you.

Do feel free to take a rolling fcuk at a donut.

Who posted the picture/video of Bozo dancing /partying then genius?

It wasn’t me. Stop wetting your pants.

Thinking about the economy. Rishi can claim support from former chancellors and PMs. That may seem compelling but Black Wednesday happened under Major and Lamont. Michael Portillo said "Simon Clarke, the Chief Secretary of the Treasury, saying that he's supporting Liz Truss whereas he was working day in day out with Rishi Sunak. That is also not good for Rishi Sunak." He has a point.

John Redwood says that Team Rishi misrepresented Liz's proposed policy on cutting taxes. He has more to say about Rishi's economics.
1659785607038.png

1659787009048.png

Justin Urquart Stewart is damning of both Rishi and Liz, so lets hope we get a good chancellor and good advisors.

1659788260475.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Who posted the picture/video of Bozo dancing /partying then genius?

It wasn’t me. Stop wetting your pants.
"It's always someone else" as some self righteous prick said.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyway, back to the thread.

A riposte on Sunak's behalf in the Speccy, for what good it will do:

Sunak has himself to blame for his loose words. It is never going to be a good look when a wealthy former chancellor poses as a reverse Robin Hood taking from the poor to give to the relatively affluent. But much though the Conservatives’ enemies might love to think that Rishi dreamed up some secret formula that reallocates money from Toxteth to Tunbridge Wells, the reality is somewhat more prosaic.

There is nothing secret about Rishi Sunak’s revision of the rules for assessing public investment, and nor is there anything in them which favours rich areas over poor ones. On the contrary, the new rules revolve around two things of which you might think Labour and others on the left would approve: prioritising public benefits which cannot easily be monetised and promoting the government’s target for net zero by 2050.

The rules surrounding the allocation of public funds for investment are contained within the ‘Green Book’. A revision of these rules was announced in Sunak’s first budget in March 2020, and the review was published in November 2020.

Contrary to what Sunak appeared to be telling his audience, the document clearly states that the review was set up ‘in response to concerns that the government’s appraisal guidance may mitigate against investment in poorer parts of the UK and undermine the government’s aim to ‘level up’ these areas’.

The document goes on to complain that previous funding formulas have been too reliant on something called the Benefit Cost Ratio (BCR), which favours projects offering things on which a monetary value can easily be put. ‘This in turn,’ it goes on to say, ‘creates an incentive for proposers to artificially boost the BCR with such benefits that are unlikely to be realised, as well as suggesting a level of certainty around the value of those benefits that is not merited by the evidence’. Reading between the lines, this could be a defence of the decision – then newly-made – to press ahead with HS2. Whatever you think of that project, it certainly wasn’t devised to benefit Tunbridge Wells.