• Rishi Sunak

• Liz Truss

• Jeremy Hunt

• Tom Tugendhat

• Nadhim Zahawi

• Boris Johnson

• Someone else , see my post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who cares. Truss isn’t the one on camera boasting on how they personally screwed the poor over.

If she was aware and complicit then she is no more innocent or guilty than Sunak.

They are equally responsible.

Others are keen that the leadership competition is shortened with some urgency. There is some merit to the latter.
There certainly is! I’m a Conservative, but I’m buggered if I can see the merit of another 4 weeks of the Party ripping itself asunder, in the Public Eye, whilst Labour and the rest watch with satisfaction from the sidelines.
If this is really about wooing that fraction of the Electorate with an actual vote, get it over with asap and stop slagging each other off in endless, meaningless, Groundhog Day TV ‘debates’! Grr. Rant over!

If she was aware and complicit then she is no more innocent or guilty than Sunak.

They are equally responsible.
I never had you down as naive (merely obsessed, hypocritical and bitter.).

Do you think the media will turn around and say that the Foreign Secretary is to blame for the Chancellor’s boasting about how the Chancellor changed Treasury policies to steal money from poverty-blighted hungry cold kiddies and giving it to wealthy blue-rinsed grannies who dine on baby unicorns?

You have pushed for ages the principle that appearances are more important than detail. That’s the world you want, and that’s what’s going to now happen.

Sunak is the new Sheriff of Nottingham.

I never had you down as naive (merely obsessed, hypocritical and bitter.).

Do you think the media will turn around and say that the Foreign Secretary is to blame for the Chancellor’s boasting about how the Chancellor changed Treasury policies to steal money from poverty-blighted hungry cold kiddies and giving it to wealthy blue-rinsed grannies who dine on baby unicorns?

You have pushed for ages the principle that appearances are more important than detail. That’s the world you want, and that’s what’s going to now happen.

Sunak is the new Sheriff of Nottingham.

If Truss pushes the matter, she will have to show that she wasn’t party to it or aware/supportive of it.

When have I said that appearance is more important than detail?

If Truss pushes the matter, she will have to show that she wasn’t party to it or aware/supportive of it.
Who says so?

Plus she doesn’t have to push it: Sunak has outed himself as someone who steals from the poor to give to the rich.

The media will do the rest.

When have I said that appearance is more important than detail?
Ah, it must have been a different Wets who, when I pointed out the roles and responsibilities within the Cabinet Office, refused to accept those facts and placed more value on appearances, witch-hunts and false narratives.

Who says so?

Plus she doesn’t have to push it: Sunak has outed himself as someone who steals from the poor to give to the rich.

The media will do the rest.

Ah, it must have been a different Wets who, when I pointed out the roles and responsibilities within the Cabinet Office, refused to accept those facts and placed more value on appearances, witch-hunts and false narratives.

I think that the fact that Bozo has been kicked out by his own Ministers and MP for being untrustworthy and incompetent lends some weight to my few years of assertions about him. Even they couldn’t stomach him any further.

She was part of the government that did it, and I even believe she was at The Treasury before Sunak, if it was official government policy then she is just as involved, regardless of who announced it.

She was part of the government that did it, and I even believe she was at The Treasury before Sunak, if it was official government policy then she is just as involved, regardless of who announced it.
I’m not going to risk the wrath of Arte by continuing the Boris side of our argument.

However, your point above - do you think people will care? Or will they just look at Sunak outing himself as the guy who steals from the poor?

It could be interpreted in two ways. What the Labour Party did was unfair distribution of the funds, so he just evened it out a bit. Or he robbed the poor to pay the rich, Robin Hood in reverse.
There was definitely an unfair distribution of funds during the Labour nightmare. As a Dorset resident we were dead last in the queue for central government finance despite having large areas of deprivation. We did commit the ultimate crime of recognising Labour for what it was and not voting for them though.

The objection that many of us had was that the money spent in "deprived" areas was literally wasted. Had Sunak said that he was reducing waste and redirecting the money so that it was used more effectively then he would have been in the clear.

However he didn't so he isn't.

Had Sunak said that he was reducing waste and redirecting the money so that it was used more effectively then he would have been in the clear.

However he didn't so he isn't.
Yep. If was a bit daft to highlight he was taking money from poor areas. If he had just said he had increased spending in places like Tunbridge Wells, then it would have been a non-story.

As it is, it is now a major black mark against Rishi; one that Labour will push to destruction if he becomes PM (or even a member of a Truss cabinet).

I see it as career ending.

Yep. If was a bit daft to highlight he was taking money from poor areas. If he had just said he had increased spending in places like Tunbridge Wells, then it would have been a non-story.

As it is, it is now a major black mark against Rishi; one that Labour will push to destruction if he becomes PM (or even a member of a Truss cabinet).

I see it as career ending.

I think that it is highly unlikely that Sunak will be in Truss Cabinet and will sit on the side lines, if Truss`s plan for the economy fails he will say i told you so and have another stab at PM, if Truss`s plan succeeds he will stand down and back into finance / the City / America

Archie

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
After deleting three pages of unrelenting shite about Boris dancing, and who was where and for how many hours in the military. I decided that it was pointless.

It's your thread, you can now treat it how you want. It's in the hole.

As an extra treat, all those that were thread banned, can now join in again.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
After deleting three pages of unrelenting shite about Boris dancing, and who was where and for how many hours in the military. I decided that it was pointless.

Fcuks sake. Again?

Come on, this could have been an interesting thread! IMO it should be in Current Affairs and modded to those standards.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
Come on, this could have been an interesting thread! IMO it should be in Current Affairs and modded to those standards.
Bash out as many disagree icons as you like. You're not the one spending eight hours a day on the site continually cleaning up. This thread started in Current Affairs and the CA mods moved it to NAAFI, because of incessant bickering and wandering way off topic. If you'd been following the thread, you'd have noticed this. Everybody else did.

I've enjoyed this thread. Its been mostly interesting and quite often informative. But I'm fed up now. Enoughs enough. There have been plenty of pleas to keeep it on track, there has been warnings and thread bans, but that's not enough. It'd be easier for me just to lock the thread and move on with my life.

Have you offered any support to the moderation or the thread? Jumped in when my back is turned and asked the thread to stay on track? Reported bad behaviour?

Because now you can enjoy the rotton posts and bickering that only the depths of the arrsehole can bring, the sweaty armpit of the site and it'll bother me narry one jot. I do feel sorry for those that have supported me and tried to keep the thread on track, and like them, I hate it when a good thread dies. I really do.

So there you have it. Don't bother me again in the hole, unless it's something really important, like at least two pages of back to back informative posts without somebody trying to be clever, waffling on about their favourite Grrrr, or childish sniping.

Thanks awfully.

Latest Threads