Who Knows about this "Bellss Palsy"? Is it going to stop me

I have been on a mad getting fit regime lately, eating healthy, exercising etc etc etc, I then get an ear infection, next thing you know half my face is paralysed, Bell's Palsy, diagnosed yesterday.

With luck I should make a full recovery in 2 to 3 months.

Does anyone know if this is going to stop me getting back in?
I have looked on the list of medical conditions and can't see it, I spoke to the Local Recruitment Office they couldnt answer either.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciatted.

Ozzymick said:
I have been on a mad getting fit regime lately, eating healthy, exercising etc etc etc, I then get an ear infection, next thing you know half my face is paralysed, Bell's Palsy, diagnosed yesterday.

With luck I should make a full recovery in 2 to 3 months.
Had a friend who suffered from it at University - his biggest problem was at the OTC bar, because all the medical students kept coming over and wanting to see a real case of Bell's Palsy in action.

Given that we were both pipers, and that he was playing again within a few months I'd be hopeful. He was a bloody good piper (unlike me - distinctly average), became the TA individual champion, and now hosts the BBC Scotland piping show. So, no permanent loss of function there, then.

Bloody Medical Students, Perverts they are :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed and will get back into the exercising very shortly.

Cheers for that

My old fella had it years back - said it made him dribble like a dribbly thing for a bit and then got better with no aftereffects. Makes you look like a mong for a while but shouldn't have any long term effects.

British Superbike rider and all round top fella Chris "The Stalker" Walker had it a few years back and looks like Quasimodo when he laughs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Walker_(motorcycle_racer)