Who keeps locking da threads

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bokkatankie, Aug 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have we got a new uber nazi mod, threads getting locked left right and center.

Please provide justification for locking so many threads in one day.

Or are not allowed to have fun anymore?

2. He is a Nazi and hates coon speak such as "Da" instead of "The"

• Like Like x 1
  3. The clue's in the title of the forum. 'The Serious Bit - Current Affairs and Analysis'.

Fun threads go in the Naafi Bar.

4. Dear God! ........................

5. I have to agree with "Barking Spider" and his comment. This is not the time or place to fast and loose with a very serious issue. Whilst there is a need for black humour we should be mindful of those who have lost their business and homes. Needless to say our moderator has provided a new thread so that this issue may be further discussed.

6. I see what you did there :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. So why not just transfer the threads to the NAAFI as normal.

But it is not just the Riot thread he appears to dislike anything and everything.

8. I did not start the threads that are locked, you person (this not being the NAAFI).

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I've locked one thread today; the original riot one as it was huge and getting difficult to manage. I started a new one as it was a very popular topic.

If you could point me towards the 'threads getting locked left, right and centre' I'll take a look.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Do not show weakness Derek. We have discussed this. Tell the nasty boys to **** the **** of then return to Daddy. Daddy has ice cream. They cannot hurt you when Daddy has ice cream.

11. I could see 4 on page one of top 50 alone when I logged on prior to posting the thread. If search for an ally star, celebrity tits, new combat kit etc., can run for 300 -400 pages why not the riot one, it was only on page 166, now I have to trawl throught a collection of about 10 different threads (would it not be helpful to consolidate them?) to pick up where I left he last one.

It is not the end of the world, just a lack of consistency, that is all.

The fingers one whilst in very bad taste was already in the Arrse hole so why shut, there has been much worse before.

I know that I will get the usual but just asking.

12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Ally star and the like don't tend to bring out the site's knuckle-draggers posting inflammatory balls and don't need as much attention. The riots one however did have a fair amount of frothing at the mouth and frankly, needed to be kept an eye on.

Agreed. I'll do that.

No clue. Wasn't me that locked it.

13. Thanks, now you can lock this one :thumright:

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Shut it. Men are talking.

Oi, Sixty? Now that you are getting all consensual, can we have a SHEDS FORUM? Or do Nazis still stalk the ARRSE?

15. Sixty:
    I fully aware of the difficulty with keeping up with the original thread. I could not even read all the posts as they came in. I am a mod on a very different website but if I had to deal with posts that rapidly I would end up in a padded cell.

The problem arises from the fact that the thread that appears to be the replacement thread, "UK Riots and Looting II" appears to have been started as a bit of a game of "what actions would you take if..etc" but has become the primary rioting and looting thread although a scan of the last fifty seemed to have 8 or 9 other rioting and looting threads looking at different aspects of the problems.

I, no doubt like many others, was following the main "Tottenham" thread to try to grasp the scope of the problem, what areas are affected etc, is it near friends and family etc. It appears that none of the current threads are doing this. If I had family, children, grandkids in the UK I might get a bit frantic trying to get information as the major news sources also seem unable to keep up with all of the disturbances in various parts of England. The only think that appears clear is that it has not yet spread to Orkney or the Shetlands.

Good luck trying to herd the cats and please think about a Breaking riot news thread to let people interested find or post information and use other threads for the "in my day we would have opened up with our Martini-Henry's and..."