Who is the richest man on Arrse?

Tis but a dusting of snow, not seeing a problem.
I said I was weak and had woman like tendencies. I tried to snivel my way out of it but the wife said no to hiring the local street urchins who wanted 250 to shovel driveways.

It was unbearable.
And then the next day I had to the do the neighbors because her husband was in a MAF... I broke two nails and the city didn’t even manage to get our street done.
1B3C55E9-07E0-4E78-A47B-99A493515BDB.jpeg
5011F97E-F054-4500-8C59-78419DE2E077.png
1955B291-800A-47FD-9EDB-FB238F0C90B3.jpeg

I agree many things can be planned out ahead of time to keep on hand. But some things can come up that you don’t normally plan for on a regular basis. But live and learn.

I think you are under the impression that using the plastic money always results in carry over a balance, which is. It always the case. Sometimes the credit is easier to use then trying to withdraw large amounts of cash. Time is also a resource and dicking around at the credit union is not something I relish most da

Our little storm in March resulted in me buying a few more gas cans to fill with petrol, as getting to a station was nigh impossible unless you were on snowmobile or had an MRAP.

Here are some unplanned spontaneous types of purchases where that plastic money comes in very handy. Posh bastard that I am, but tyres can be pricey. Especially if doing two vehicles at the same time. The snow blower is a luxury item but well worth it, I don’t care to snap my wrists or use the shovel as much anymore.View attachment 580863View attachment 580862

Good luck getting through a couple of feet of snow with the snow blower kid. If the snow is the wet slushy kind it'll be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

bit of shovelling'll build up them muskles :)
FTS!
Good luck getting through a couple of feet of snow with the snow blower kid. If the snow is the wet slushy kind it'll be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
It was a bit of a bear. The top layer was a brick, the middle layer was decent, and the bottom started to melt. It was slow going to say the least, the curse of being a peasant with a three car garage means you have a driveway to match. The plow only did one pass down the street so that was another 60 feet of digging to get a vehicle out onto a one lane road. Luckily my front door is facing South. The drifts in the backyard facing North were taller then the fence. But the neighbors dogs didn’t mind!

FTS!

It was a bit of a bear. The top layer was a brick, the middle layer was decent, and the bottom started to melt. It was slow going to say the least, the curse of being a peasant with a three car garage means you have a driveway to match. The plow only did one pass down the street so that was another 60 feet of digging to get a vehicle out onto a one lane road. Luckily my front door is facing South. The drifts in the backyard facing North were taller then the fence. But the neighbors dogs didn’t mind!

Where both you and I live, you need a compact tractor at the least with a snowblower on it. Get one of those and then charge your neighbours a small fee for digging them out as well.

I have a full sized tractor with heated cab for winter and AC for the summer when working the fields, that monster with snow blower on easily blew it's way through 8 foot of wet snow last winter.

As an old bluesman once said:

“I am not a millionaire
But I have spent more money than a millionaire.”

Haven‘t we all? Spending like there’s no tomorrow.

You will never meet a rich (select option) skydiver/ scuba diver/ motorcycle enthusiast/ car enthusiast they spend all their money on their hobby.

ETA: A mate once posed a rheotorical question to me, "how do you become a millionaire skydiver"?

Answer, "start out as a multi-millionaire".

Last edited:
Where both you and I live, you need a compact tractor at the least with a snowblower on it. Get one of those and then charge your neighbours a small fee for digging them out as well.

I have a full sized tractor with heated cab for winter and AC for the summer when working the fields, that monster with snow blower on easily blew it's way through 8 foot of wet snow last winter.
It would be nice, but with my household expenses shooting up by about 700 bucks a month, or 1300 for the summer months the nice things are on hold. We don’t stay above water by being spend thrifts.

...I think you are under the impression that using the plastic money always results in carry over a balance...

Not at all. However, what does happen is that the convenience creates a demand in itself and removes any cooling off period where one would go and get cash for larger purchases, or look at what you have in your wallet and plan ahead, bearing in mind further purchases required that day. Easy to just wave plastic and fuck the forward planning.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Cant you melt it down and turn it into water ? bottle it and sell it !!!

There's a few "boat owners " on here, mind, I am of the opinion that some are complete bluffers, not in the same category as hoverpot though.
There are two types of boat owner.
1) The spectacularly rich that have no idea what anything costs and have a man to do all the work.

2) The person who used to be comfortable and now doesn't have a pot to piss in as they have spent every last penny trying to keep their boat seaworthy.

Not at all. However, what does happen is that the convenience creates a demand in itself and removes any cooling off period where one would go and get cash for larger purchases, or look at what you have in your wallet and plan ahead, bearing in mind further purchases required that day. Easy to just wave plastic and fuck the forward planning.
Would you please quit being reasonable in your thought process. That is not the Millennial/Snowflake way!

I feel like I should spite you and breakout the Monopoly money and prepare for what is going to happen to the dollar for the next 5-6 years... But on the bright side I might be able to fight with the other Americans for the title of richest Colonial...

Do we get a prize for winning btw?

Cant you melt it down and turn it into water ? bottle it and sell it !!!

Aw hell Josh! There's no shortage of water around here. Saying though further South the snowfall on parts of the Rockies wasn't very heavy, they reckon they're looking at a drought this summer.

Where we are is one of the wetter parts of the Rockies up close to the Canadian border. We had a lot of snow fall and the rivers are flowing heavy, going to be wiping off the fishing gear soon.

I’m well behind on the wealth stakes.

You know those dreadful aristos who are always complaining that they don’t have enough money to fix the heating in their castle?

That’s me.

I’ve got a load of assets that I can never sell and a reasonably well paid job that just about covers the living costs of a family of four, with a fairly average middle class lifestyle.

I do a fairly good job presenting an illusion of wealth. I drive a Ferrari that actually cost less than a well specced Golf, our house is stunning but it’s falling apart, the speedboat on my drive was 1500 quid and doesn’t work properly, the wife’s Mercedes is leased on the cheapest possible deal we could find and her magnificent fake titties were freebies off the NHS.

We own half a hotel, pub and farm business that is mortgaged up to the hilt and has been hammered by the COVID.

I’m a long way off brand new Range Rover territory.

Lend us a tenner?
Errrrrrr about those magnificent fake titties you say your wife got for free, a close friend was wondering if any pics are available? I of course couldn’t condone such requests but I’d also be willing to take a look as well, purely out of lust you understand

You will never meet a rich (select option) skydiver/ scuba diver/ motorcycle enthusiast/ car enthusiast they spend all their money on their hobby.

Can't take it with you so feck it, enjoy it while you still can. I love my gadgets and toys.

Latest Threads