Who is the richest man on Arrse?

I don't even think it is a payment option upon checkout. On some other sites it is, for the high dollar purchases.

Try asking them. I'm pretty sure your having money they want will help sway things. If not, take your business elsewhere.

Lardbeast is (from, sometimes in) Seffrica. Lots of companies do not deliver there, so the interwebz is not particularly evident. Different economic strategies.

Spot on. Many companies don't bother any more as the post office is a black hole for valuable items. Courier and delivery costs internationally are stupid, being on the arse end of the continent, although local delivery isn't bad.

The urban types in SA are totally wrapped up in the credit scam and the nouveau riche are now beginning to realise it's not actually free money. A lot of high on the hog bling lifestyles are operated on little substance, probably less than a single pay cheque from disaster, and this bat pox panic has burst quite a few balloons.

I came close, savings taking a huge knock but I have no debt and nowhere near the pain of the bloke living on credit with no savings at all. The law is slanted in their favour and the responsible saver carries the can for them in many cases, but a lot of lenders got bitten and there is a somewhat more jaundiced view of borrowers these days.

Try asking them. I'm pretty sure your having money they want will help sway things. If not, take your business elsewhere.

Spot on. Many companies don't bother any more as the post office is a black hole for valuable items. Courier and delivery costs internationally are stupid, being on the arse end of the continent, although local delivery isn't bad.

The urban types in SA are totally wrapped up in the credit scam and the nouveau riche are now beginning to realise it's not actually free money. A lot of high on the hog bling lifestyles are operated on little substance, probably less than a single pay cheque from disaster, and this bat pox panic has burst quite a few balloons.

I came close, savings taking a huge knock but I have no debt and nowhere near the pain of the bloke living on credit with no savings at all. The law is slanted in their favour and the responsible saver carries the can for them in many cases, but a lot of lenders got bitten and there is a somewhat more jaundiced view of borrowers these days.
I like my Cabela's Mastercard for the points I accrue which then equates to more kit for me. It is also vital IMO to have a CC when traveling anymore. I don't like to keep large amounts of money in the checking account which is attached to the debit card. Having to transfer money from savings to checking's, in some parts of the country without internet access is impossible and cash is a pita to keep track of.

Tool

LE
I like my Cabela's Mastercard for the points I accrue which then equates to more kit for me. It is also vital IMO to have a CC when traveling anymore. I don't like to keep large amounts of money in the checking account which is attached to the debit card. Having to transfer money from savings to checking's, in some parts of the country without internet access is impossible and cash is a pita to keep track of.
Again, Steamboat, you're looking at life in a first-world country. Seffrica has a weird mix of first- and third-world, one of the most advanced banking systems in the world, but very limited internet access. Lots of goods are manufactured locally, but the delivery mechanisms are -at best- suspect.

Here in Pomland, I can walk into a large supermarket and self-service myself (NOT like that, you perv) to the point of not needing to speak to any one. My smart phone has apps for the shopping trip and my bank. Not a good idea in Seffrica for lots of reasons.

I agree with living Debt free and have a Debit card provider that allows me to purchase “Willy Nilly”.

BUT!! A lot of car hire firms will not accept Debit Cards, they want credit cards ( and if you want something special! Then TWO from different sources).

That is the only reason I have a credit card. I needed a hire car in Finland, so had to get the card. Payed it off in full as soon as I got back to the UK. The only thing I owe is the mortgage and I’d pay it off now, apart from getting whacked with a big early repayment fee.

RP.

I tried to rent a car at LAX once. Did not have a CC.
It was only after i told the Avis bloke that my (Fiance) was hiring the car that they would let me drive.
She wasn,t my fiance and i should have lied. It was an eight hundred mile drive. And i should have let her drive.

Last edited:
Again, Steamboat, you're looking at life in a first-world country. Seffrica has a weird mix of first- and third-world, one of the most advanced banking systems in the world, but very limited internet access. Lots of goods are manufactured locally, but the delivery mechanisms are -at best- suspect.

Here in Pomland, I can walk into a large supermarket and self-service myself (NOT like that, you perv) to the point of not needing to speak to any one. My smart phone has apps for the shopping trip and my bank. Not a good idea in Seffrica for lots of reasons.
Actually my little area might have more in common with parts of SA then thought possible. The postal service is sketch these days as is internet access depending on where you are and how high you are willing to climb to find a signal.

But due to COVID cash was one of the taboos not to use. Nobody wanted to handle bills or coins and card only transactions were heavily encouraged by merchants. Cash is something that one uses for transaction's that occur under the table. What Uncle Sugar doesn't know about won't hurt him.

There's a few "boat owners " on here, mind, I am of the opinion that some are complete bluffers, not in the same category as hoverpot though.
We are (I don't speak for @FourZeroCharlie, mind). It was the intensive training for the skill learned during our formative years in the Service which brings it all out.

Don't; not for a millisecond, though, imagine that owning and maintaining a boat is an indicator of riches; it's very much the opposite. Do you know how much Volvo charges for an Impeller Shaft Overhaul Kit? As of today I bloody do.

Anyway, I gave the damn thing to Son for his birthday this year, so my Rich List placing will rise next year.

We are (I don't speak for @FourZeroCharlie, mind). It was the intensive training for the skill learned during our formative years in the Service which brings it all out.

Don't; not for a millisecond, though, imagine that owning and maintaining a boat is an indicator of riches; it's very much the opposite. Do you know how much Volvo charges for an Impeller Shaft Overhaul Kit? As of today I bloody do.

Anyway, I gave the damn thing to Son for his birthday this year, so my Rich List placing will rise next year.
I agree, was pointing more towards the " yachtsman " type.

I actually finished top during the watermanship phase of combat engineering training, never really been one for boats though. I'll lookout out for you on the rich list next year.

One example of a B&B run as such in the uk, being Ess & Emm

Overnight stay for 2 people £300, 24 hr stay for 2 people £400, the money would soon add up...

I told the Mrs I would buy a villa near Disney in Florida and fit it out. She wouldn't let me though.

I seriously reckon that the combined S&M accommodation, nice weather and the vicinity of Disney would be a licence to print money.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I am killing my PayPal account, they want a copy of my drivers license to continue to use their service. MasterCard it is it seems.
That may be a scam. Are you sure it was Pay Pal who asked for this?

That may be a scam. Are you sure it was Pay Pal who asked for this?
Very much so. They didn't ask about the license until I started to use the account to order Whisky from stores outside of the state that had to be shipped to me. I am not the only person that they have requested this information from.

Me, I have been told numerous times You are f***ing Priceless

Latest Threads