Who is the nicest person on TV?

The thread "who is the biggest twat on TV" seems to have no shortage of entrants. In some attempt to balance this out, who is the nicest person on tv/celebrity you have come across?

Starter for ten:
Richard Branson. Shared a ski lift with him and he was charming.
Jason Statham. Worked in a club he was a member of and, despite the fact that he spent his entire evening signing autographs and having pictures taken, was friendly to all.
Arnold Palmer. About to tee off the first at the Senior British Open at Turnberry (1987?), and Arnold Palmer spotted me and my sister with autograph books in hand. He put down his club, came and signed our books and chatted to us and my father for a couple of minutes before heading back to tee off. Distinct contrast to the Brits on the tour who were utter w*nkers.

Any other genuinely good people to add to the list?

Kris Jenner. Goes at it like a nympho rabbit on sex hormones. Don't tell me she spent an entire afternoon with two lads on Meet the Kardashians and they just drank a bottle of wine. She banged those two like screen doors in a hurricane. She's very nice

I have never come across any celebrities. But Natasha Kaplisnky, Joanna Lumley (20 years ago),Anna Ford (25 years ago), Carol Vorderman (20 years ago); none of them would have to ask twice.

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
I met Si King and Dave Myers, the Two Hairy Bikers, when they were filming here in Hong Kong last year. They went round and individually thanked each of the local bikers who came out (it was pissing down to start) for coming, and then posing with those who wanted a photo. Also more than happy to stand and chat.

Genuinely nice blokes who you'd like to share a few pints with.

NEQcounter

War Hero
I was an extra in a film and had been rebuked by some stage hand upstart for moving something I shouldn't(continuity) and Joely Richardson came over and asked if I was ok. It was shit film and never released, most likely because I moved a penny piece on a bar.

Ray Winston - Nice enough, remembered everyone's name, maintains his onscreen persona.

Ross Kemp - fucked the schedule up by stopping to talk to me for an hour, we discussed the possibility of him doing a third Afghan series, I told him he would be a fool to.

Barbra Windsor - awesome, just awesome.

Neil Lennon, in Puerto Banus maybe 10-12 years ago. Having a night out And just happy to be talking about things other than football

JP47

LE
That bloke who played Len Fairclough, he taught me to swim when I was a kid, what a thoroughly nice chap.

alib

LE
That funny chap in the wig who plays the Mayor Of London.

Met a lot of celebs and famous sportspeople whilst working at Wimbledon. Nicest, Henry Winkler, Shane Warne and Reggie Hunter. Worst, by a landslide, Sue Barker. Horrid, rude and firmly stuck up her own arse.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I had a 3sum with Emma Watson and Keira Knightley at a Travelodge once.

Met a lot of celebs and famous sportspeople whilst working at Wimbledon. Nicest, Henry Winkler, Shane Warne and Reggie Hunter. Worst, by a landslide, Sue Barker. Horrid, rude and firmly stuck up her own arse.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Firmly stuck up Sue Barkers arse? I can think of worse places to be.

sent from No.1 mortar pit using batco

George Baker who played Inspector Wexford. Lived in West Lavington and was a regular in the Churchill, a village and pub some of you may know. A lovely chap, sadly died of pneumonia three years ago.

Posted quickly, while the cat's not sat on the keyboard.

Latest Threads